Mountain Project Logo

RRG Accommodations for October

Original Post
Dan Cooksey · · Pink Ford Thunderbird · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 365

I have not been to the Red in years and will be headed back to Pittsburgh for the month of November. Would like to stop in the red for most of October.

Anyone got any leads on a dog friendly campground with showers?  I used to always stay at LOTA but it is not dog friendly.

I have my Pink For Thunderbird, but also considering an apartment or similar type rental.  WIFI would be clutch as i'd still be working.

What is the Verizon cell service like in the area?  Wouldn't need WIFI if I could hot spot. 

Any information is much appreciated. 

Thanks in advance. 

Kacy Martin · · Acworth, GA · Joined May 2016 · Points: 145

Following this thread; I am heading to Lago Lindas this week and also plan to work ... it is also my first time in years. I am bringing a hot spot for back up but not sure about cell service either. 

Matt S · · Colorado Springs · Joined Mar 2019 · Points: 132

Cell service is spotty in most of the red. I have heard the cell provider "Appalachian wireless" is really the only provider that gets service in all the rural Kentucky hollers. I wonder if you could get a hotspot for a month from them? Best bet is to stay in Slade maybe?

Jon Frisby · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2013 · Points: 270

Verizon has good coverage at Miguel’s, which is dog friendly

Jon Frisby wrote:

Verizon has good coverage at Miguel’s, which is dog friendly

Nice! It didn’t realize Miguel’s was dog friendly.

Just in case others are looking, Internet was fine at Lago Linda's in the pavilion. I worked and took digital calls without issue. I did have issues receiving phone calls but texting was fine. It was very quiet and worked out well.

Kacy Martin wrote:

Just in case others are looking, Internet was fine at Lago Linda's in the pavilion. I worked and took digital calls without issue. I did have issues receiving phone calls but texting was fine. It was very quiet and worked out well.

Kacy thanks for the heads up.  So there was WiFi there? 

Yes! There was WiFi I just had to stay in/near the pavilion, I worked three days, and only had a couple short moments where it would go out but otherwise smooth operating.

Ben Silver · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2019 · Points: 10
Kacy Martin wrote:

Thanks for sharing this. How was the situation with social distancing with bathrooms and everything?

The shakeout lounge was closed, showers and bathrooms were open, masks required and everyone respected this.. As I was leaving on Friday, a sign went up that sated ;$5 for a shower, must register inside' and they will clean between each shower.. I think that might just be for weekends when it is much busier.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern States
Post a Reply to "RRG Accommodations for October"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started