Mountain Project Logo

Line spacing

Original Post
Fabien M · · Cannes · Joined Dec 2019 · Points: 5

It started a few weeks ago, when I write a post and I want to start a new paragraph the line spacing is really big and on longer text this is really annoying.

See? I jump one line and the space between this line and the previous one is unecessary wide, what can I do to change that? 

chris blatchley · · woodinville, wa · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 6

if you want a shorter line break
then `shift-return`

or just `return` for a larger line break

Fabien M · · Cannes · Joined Dec 2019 · Points: 5

Thanks, that's one solution that seems to work.
Anyway I don't know why they changed the default line break, I didn't have to do that before. 

chris blatchley · · woodinville, wa · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 6

i find that a lot of comments are easier to read now with larger paragraph level spacing. with no double paragraph break, wall-of-text essays are nearly impossible without highlighting

Nick Wilder · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 4,098

I made the change due to a bug in the fancy wysiwyg editor we use in the forum (it's made by Froala and is quite common).  On iPhones (and only iPhones), the old spacing system caused text to disappear in certain circumstances when editing it. The Froala engineers confirmed it was on their side, but said it would be months before fixing it.  The bug was maddening, so I changed to a different spacing system. I actually like the new system better anyways, but obviously a personal preference.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Help
Post a Reply to "Line spacing"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started