Mountain Project Logo

Serious Winds Partner needed from 07/19 - 08/31

Original Post
Jaden Lojik · · Midvale, Utah · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 10

I’m looking for a dedicated Winds Partner from July 19th to the end of August. I’m based out of Lander Wyoming this summer working at the Gannett Grill(Thursday, Friday, and Saturday[possibly no Saturday, TBD]),  but have plans to be in the Winds at least 4 - 5 days out of the week for every week until September. In a perfect world we would both have Saturday to Wednesday off every week, but we all have different schedules and as such if you’re still super dedicated to investing a lot of time in the Winds this season. Message me, and I might be able to configure my schedule around for August.

As for routes, I’m interested in all the classics up to 5.12(including White Buffalo), with looking into maybe putting up a new route. Not sure how that’ll go right now, but I’d be psyched if we found a True Gem.

Also, just as a bonus. We’ll be hauling all the necessary gear with us up the mountain every time(haha) 

DM if you’re interested! Stoked to get back out there!

Mitchell Goldman · · Moran, WY · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 168

Jaden,  I appreciate your enthusiasm and dedication, though I would advise you to be more circumspect in talking about leaving caches of any sort in a Wilderness area.

Mitchell Goldman wrote: Jaden,  I appreciate your enthusiasm and dedication, though I would advise you to be more circumspect in talking about leaving caches of any sort in a Wilderness area.

Ah, I totally spaced that out. I guess I was just a bit consumed by my excitement, that place is stunning. I’ll start removing the gear. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I’ve corrected the post as such. 

Beau M · · San Francisco, CA · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 0

DM’d

Bump

Dalton Johnson · · My Car · Joined May 2017 · Points: 2,181

Hmu I’ll be around for a couple of weeks. Armed with a camera and systems knowledge. Great at supporting roles as well if you already have a partner. 530-320-9739

Teton Climber · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2011 · Points: 1
Jaden Lojik wrote:

Ah, I totally spaced that out. I guess I was just a bit consumed by my excitement, that place is stunning. I’ll start removing the gear. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I’ve corrected the post as such. 

The former head climbing ranger for GTNP, Renny Jackson, used to cache gear in the backcountry for climbing trips all the time. Rules aside, he was also consumed by excitement but he never had any second thoughts as far as I can tell. To each his own.

Adam Fleming · · AMGA Certified Rock Guide; SLC · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 451

I may be available August 16th and 17th, work dependent.  Trying to get on long routes and build up my guiding resume (I don't need to mock-guide; you can lead as well).  I love efficiency without sacrificing security.  I'll let you know closer to the dates.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Wyoming, Montana, & Dakotas Partners
Post a Reply to "Serious Winds Partner needed from 07/19 - 08/31"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started