Mountain Project Logo

Pine Mtn bouldering guide

Original Post
Captain Ahab · · Austin, TX · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 19

In the area for a few weeks and looking for a good guide for the Pine Mountain bouldering. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance! 

Jon Hartmann · · Ojai, CA · Joined Feb 2009 · Points: 1,751

Bob banks. Oceans 11. It’s out of print but it’s the absolute best book for pine. If you’re only going for a weekend however, download the area and photos from the MP app and you will have way more climbs available than you can do in a weekend. 

Jeff Luton · · It's complicated · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 5

There’s also a falcon guide with some problems for the Ventura, Santa Barbara area

Captain Ahab · · Austin, TX · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 19

Thanks for all the beta and help! Between a few PDFs and the MP app I was able to adequately shred my hands and dignity up on Pine within hours. What a gem of a spot on a weekday! 

Jeff Luton · · It's complicated · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 5
Captain Ahab wrote: Thanks for all the beta and help! Between a few PDFs and the MP app I was able to adequately shred my hands and dignity up on Pine within hours. What a gem of a spot on a weekday! 

Hell yeah Pablo. The best sandstone bouldering I’ve ever done

Sirius · · Oakland, CA · Joined Nov 2003 · Points: 660

And a killer spot overall with great, no-frills camping (before Covid, at least - not at all sure now. I'd call or inquire here to make sure the road is open).

It has changed. It’s reservation camping now with only 1 site that is first come first serve. But the road is definitely open and the climbing is great. 

Adan Lopez · · San Dimas, CA · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 0

What is the name of the campground closest to pine mountain bouldering areas?

All campgrounds are near different bouldering areas. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern California
Post a Reply to "Pine Mtn bouldering guide"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started