Mountain Project Logo

Moving to Ithaca, NY August 1

Original Post
Matt Wilber · · Bellevue, WA · Joined Feb 2018 · Points: 14

Hi! As the title says, I'm moving to Ithaca next month for school, looking for medium term (1-2 years) climbing partners in the area. I'm a 25yo male, with boulder, sport, trad, multipitch, some big wall experience.

Gear: Sport gear, trad gear, big wall gear. Leaving my bouldering pads in CA =(
Limits: Red Rocks 5.11s (sport), Yosemite 5.10b (trad), Bishop V5 (boulder)
Partner Preferences: Pretty flexible, kinda just looking for new friends. Down for pushing our limits or romping up easy stuff.

Timothy L · · New York · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 110

Leave your big wall gear home. None of that stuff on the east coast.
The new gym at Cornell looks pretty decent compared to the old one.
Lots of folks into the outing clubs up there, you'll find people to climb with no problem. 

James Donigan · · Salt Lake City · Joined Apr 2015 · Points: 30

Matt, if you are interested in some Adirondacks climbing in Aug and Sept I will be in Syracuse until then and would like to get out. Not long term by any means but will climb with you while you get your feet wet. Let me know

petzl logic · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 730

Have you considered canyoneering because I heard that Ithaca is gorges!

I also think there's bouldering in PA reasonably close if you expand your partner search to the south. If the border opens up without crazy quarantine rules I have a lot of projects I'd like to get to in the daks. Some day.

Levi X · · Washington · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 63
petzl logic wrote: I heard that Ithaca is gorges!
BOOOO

I also think there's bouldering in PA reasonably close if you expand your partner search to the south.

Can confirm that there is some crazy good bouldering in PA. The sunfish pond area has hundreds of boulders and camping is cheap if you're willing to drive that far. Gotta be careful during hunting season though as it's on state game land. 

Matt Wilber · · Bellevue, WA · Joined Feb 2018 · Points: 14

@James great I'll contact you!

Gorges ahahaha. Is there really canyoneering in NY? There isn't much on ropewiki... ropewiki.com/New_York

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

North Eastern States Partners
Post a Reply to "Moving to Ithaca, NY August 1"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started