Mountain Project Logo

Accidents in North American Climbing

Original Post
Christy Rosa · · San Diego, CA · Joined Jun 2018 · Points: 15

Hi all. I wanted to reach out and introduce myself as the SoCal editor for Accidents in North American Climbing, and offer a few ways to report incidents for the publication. Unfortunately we've already had quite a few in our area this year.  As I'm sure many of you know, the mission of ANAC is to report and analyze incidents to help climbers avoid similar problems in the future. Not all accidents end up as analyzed reports, but it's still helpful to have even limited information on incident type for tracking, and those reporting can remain anonymous.

Information can submitted using the form on this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScFBkLsA7BiWC84sdgIAKgT2IH_LnI_mSgHoyIrIfRd0x-31w/viewform?c=0&w=1
or feel free to reach out to me directly at crmANAC@gmail.com.
Thanks in advance! Stay safe out there and enjoy.

James Robertson · · Idyllwild, Ca. · Joined Nov 2018 · Points: 0

Thanks Christy,

ANAC is one of the most important publications to climbing.  A must read.

Christy Rosa · · San Diego, CA · Joined Jun 2018 · Points: 15
James Robertson wrote: Thanks Christy,

ANAC is one of the most important publications to climbing.  A must read.

Thank you for the support. As you'll see in this year's edition there are only few incidents listed for Southern California for 2019. Unfortunately we know that accidents are occurring more frequently than that, so one of my goals when I became regional editor earlier this year has been to try to increase reporting to try to improve safety for all. We will of course also respect the privacy and anonymity of the climbers involved when preferred. Accidents happen... there should be no stigma.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern California
Post a Reply to "Accidents in North American Climbing"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started