Mountain Project Logo

Chamonix or other Alps, anytime this summer

Original Post
Dylan Colon · · Eugene, OR · Joined Jun 2009 · Points: 491

I am a US citizen temporarily living in Geneva for a job, and I am interested in finding partners for alpine stuff. I usually onsight trad up to mid-5.10 and follow up to mid 5.11. I don't get the chance to lead ice very often, so I don't have much of a head for it, but I'm pretty confident in my ability to follow Grade 4 ice and maybe lead up to Grade 3 in good conditions.

I have a decent amount of glacier experience in the Cascades in the US, including a winter ascent of Rainier last year, to give an idea of what I've messed with.

I am really down for any moderate mixed ascents or pure rock climbs up to more difficult stuff. Chamonix is the closest big mountains to me, but I'd be interested in stuff in the Bernese Alps or Zermatt area also. If anyone wants to do the standard slogs up Mt Blanc or Monte Rosa or similar, honestly I'd be interested in that too.

If anyone is planning to be or lives in the region and needs a partner, we can discuss whether our goals are compatible. 

Kristian Pedersen · · Hedensted · Joined Jun 2019 · Points: 0

Hi Dylan. Would you be up for some mountaineering in week 29? I cannot come to France but would be up for Dent Blanche or anything around Zermatt.
Best regards
Kristian 

Dylan Colon · · Eugene, OR · Joined Jun 2009 · Points: 491

I'd be very interested in Dent Blanche or its neighbors, also especially the Weisshorn. By week 29 do you mean July 13 to 19? I may be busy after the 15th, but could do the early side of that probably.

Jared Watkins · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 0

Hey Dylan, I live close to Aigle and am looking for alpine/climbing partners as well for the season. I climb up to 7a trad. Shoot me a text if you are interested: +41 078 217 six343

Al'ona Gavrylova · · Luxembourg, LU · Joined Aug 2018 · Points: 0

Hi Dilan, I am interested in alpine climbs! Chamonix or Eldorado in Switzerland. I can climb 6a+ trad leading max but I can follow rope rope till 7a. I do not have a specific project in mind. But we can fine one to do together. My WhatsApp +352621875512 

I hope we will some climbs together this season

richard aiken · · El Chorro Spain · Joined Nov 2008 · Points: 20

I hope to head to France next week until mid-Sept. and am open to climbing anywhere. I don't do ice and alpine doesn't interest me but moderate multipitch or single pitch trad or sport are great.

I have found several other climbers and it would be great to have a group

For any of you who posted on this thread-Dylan, Jared, Alona- feel free to PM me and we can speak

Richard

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Extended Trips and International Partners
Post a Reply to "Chamonix or other Alps, anytime this summer"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started