Mountain Project Logo

MAMMUT Ophir Speedfit – Climbing Harness Review

Original Post
John Douglas · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 0

In the past, besides all my outdoor activities, I have also been doing some gear reviews of equipment I personally use and have used. One of the most essential pieces of gears for climbing and mountaineering activities is a harness. In the past, I have done a preview of the Petzl Altitude Harness and this time I will do a full length and long term review of the climbing harness by Mammut, the Ophir Speedfit.

Read complete review with many photos here: https://olympusmountaineering.wordpress.com/2020/07/11/mammut-ophir-speedfit-climbing-harness-review/

Mammut Ophir Speedfit as an all-around harness, and over the course of a couple of years I used it for long moderate sport climbs, winter mountaineering, a multi-pitch routes, and ascending free-hanging fixed lines.
The new Speedfit adjustment system allows you to adjust the width of the leg loops within seconds: simply slide the Speedfit buckle along the load-bearing webbing until the harness fits perfectly. This novel adjustment system solves the tiresome problem of ends of webbing that stick out and get in the way. Thanks to the Mammut® two-part webbing technology, the Ophir Speedfit also offers optimal comfort, extremely high breathability and maximum freedom of movement for climbing in the gym, out on the rocks or in alpine terrain.

Design & Materials
The Mammut Ophir Speedfit is a well designed all-round climbing harness and is delivered in a light grey with red colour. It has for gear loops but also two ice-clipper slots.
The harness also offers optimal comfort, extremely high breathability and maximum freedom of movement for climbing in the gym, out on the rocks or in alpine terrain. In addition, the Mammut Ophir Speedfit has a well padded area for extra support of the back and I highly appreciate the clean, light, ergonomic simplicity of the design.

Features:
– Special two-part webbing construction ensures maximum comfort
– Innovative Speedfit system to adjust the width of the leg loops
– Patented tie-in protector prevents the harness from abrasion damage

Read complete review with many photos here: https://olympusmountaineering.wordpress.com/2020/07/11/mammut-ophir-speedfit-climbing-harness-review/

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Reviews
Post a Reply to "MAMMUT Ophir Speedfit – Climbing Harness Review"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started