Mountain Project Logo

Good scrambles in RR

5.Seven Kevin · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 0

Link white rock pinnacle east gully to the top of the shoulder of wilson and take it to the south summit for a full day and true summit.

Derek, have you done dead horse gully? The next one to the right of white rock pinnacle gully? 

Mike Climberson · · Earth · Joined Oct 2018 · Points: 120
Ashort wrote: Did the Rainbow Direct route this past weekend, descended via oak creek. Highly Recommended! Oak Creek had a lot of flow, what a treat. 

Rainbow Direct is a classic. For full value, link RD to Rainbow Wall, then head over to Oak Peak, and descend Oak Ridge. That linkup is full-on. Just be aware that the ridge from Oak Peak has a good bit of class 5 sections and little bit of bushwhacking. Scrambling up that ridge and going down Oak Creek canyon would be great though. There's actually 2 different class 4-5 ridge lines going up to Oak Peak- it'd be interesting to go up one and down the other. 

I agree with others that the ropes on Rainbow Direct aren't necessary, but it was helpful for hauling up packs on one of the squeeze chimneys.

Ashort · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 56

Dead horse gully vs white rock gully, which is more fun?

Mike Climberson · · Earth · Joined Oct 2018 · Points: 120
Ashort wrote: Dead horse gully vs white rock gully, which is more fun?

Good question. I’ve only taken white rock gully (then linked it to dead horse point and Wilson South summit). Dead Horse Gully gets less traffic, so I’m sure the adventure level is a bit higher. I hear the scramble up to Sherwood Forest is a great one too.

Derek Field · · Nevada · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 5,986
5.Seven Kevin wrote: Derek, have you done dead horse gully? The next one to the right of white rock pinnacle gully? 

No, but I'll put it on the list! 

Jason Hardrath · · Klamath Falls, OR · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 0
Ashort · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 56
Jason Hardrath · · Klamath Falls, OR · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 0

Only for like a day or two, before he took it back then Ziesmer crushed it

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Nevada
Post a Reply to "Good scrambles in RR"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started