Mountain Project Logo

Will you avoid buying gear made in China now?

Em Cos · · Boulder, CO · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 5

“Germany” didn’t make that move, though the headline and lead photo make it seem like they’re saying it came from the German government - the “invoice” was an op-ed piece in a tabloid newspaper.

Jonathan Dull · · Boone, NC · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 415
Ross Goldberg wrote: Anyways I know we have deviated from the subject.

Misty Mountain also manufactures in the U.S. and someone above mentioned Metolius.

I forget the name but there is a Russian company that makes ice gear, not sure what their current humanitarian situation is but it isn't China.

EDIT: and how can I forget, FISH is also a great U.S. gear manufacturer

EDIT 2: Sterling Ropes are made in the U.S. as well

Blue Water and PMI ropes are manufactured in Georgia, USA. Also, Trango ropes are made in the USA. In my experience Blue Water makes one of the best ropes on the Market, the Lightning Pro is the best rope I've ever owned. 

Matthew Jaggers · · Red River Gorge · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 695
Dave K wrote:

I don't disagree, but that's not the point.

Well, what's the point? Our government is the epitome of evil, as is China's. I dont support either. Anyone hating on China right now for their human rights abuses and not hating on the US for the same reasons is a hypocrite, or simply uninformed. I guess murdering other people's citizens isnt as bad as murdering your own citizens. That may be the distinction that separates our countries the most. 

Hope you all enjoyed this thread. Seems about time for MP overlords to shut it down

Dave K wrote:

You won't go to prison for that post. See the difference?

The sad, hilarious irony of the hate on chi-nuh movement in the US is that these same people are constantly disparaging the free press and glorifying a leader that wants to silence dissent.

Your example is ironic. If I was Australian, and posted something damning on a super influential platform, then not only would US leaders be trying to jail me, but they'd be trying to assassinate me, too! Lucky for me, I dont have any real influence.

B P · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2019 · Points: 0
Franck Vee wrote:

.. which is elected by its own people.

It's easy to project problems on "the government", until you realize that government are mostly a mirror for the society they govern.

By your theory society is a bunch of rich old white men with a sprinkle of women and a dash of black. 

Franck Vee · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 260
B P wrote:

By your theory society is a bunch of rich old white men with a sprinkle of women and a dash of black. 

This is a joke?

Because yeah, obviously, I meant that you're going to vote for whoever wears the same colored shirt you do. Obviously.

Alejandro T · · Portland · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0
B P wrote:

I think you have it the wrong way around. The fact that "rich old white men" is an apt descriptor of the US ruling class does tell us something about US societal attitudes towards women and minorities.

Dave K wrote:

Australian, like the guy who owned the largest and most influential TV news network in America - the network that ran damning stories about the president constantly from 2008-2016?

Is Rupert Murdoch in jail now?

Your posts have spiraled into gibberish.

I never expect sheep to be able to comprehend anything beyond CNN talking points, so dont feel too bad about it.

Alejandro T wrote:

I think you have it the wrong way around. The fact that "rich old white men" is an apt descriptor of the US ruling class does tell us something about US societal attitudes towards women and minorities.

Thank you! Precisely. (Among other things - of course gender race  & age aren't the only drivers in politics... ideologies, values etc.).

B P · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2019 · Points: 0
Alejandro T wrote:

Obviously my sarcastic comment was a gross oversimplification. 

Joy likes trad · · Southern California · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 71
Ma Ja wrote:

Your example is ironic. If I was Australian, and posted something damning on a super influential platform, then not only would US leaders be trying to jail me, but they'd be trying to assassinate me, too! Lucky for me, I dont have any real influence.

Don’t forget about anti-association law: you’d be barred from your loved ones on pain of prison!

Carolina · · Front Range NC · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 20

Well it’s becoming official.  

China ruined climbing.  And the world.  

https://www.dailywire.com/news/bombshell-five-eyes-dossier-leaks-on-chinas-alleged-coronavirus-cover-up-contains-damning-revelations

MMobes will be along shortly to apologize for us insulting China and claim that they only harvest organs for good people.  Damn Wuhan Pneumonia.  

M Mobley · · Bar Harbor, ME · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 911

CHINA!!!! OBAMA!!! HILLARY'S EMAILS!!! LIBERAL MEDIA!!!!

Yet we all knew about Corona in January and our own leaders did NOTHING.

CHINA!!!

Jonathan Beck · · Oceanside · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 5

Everybody calm the fuck down.  Everything is under control cuz Jared Kushner is in charge of pandemic issues.   Oh fuck! We will never be climbing again

Marc801 C · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 65
Jonathan Beck wrote: Everybody calm the fuck down.  Everything is under control cuz Jared Kushner is in charge of pandemic issues.   Oh fuck! We will never be climbing again

Those of us who survive. 

Greg R · · Durango CO · Joined Jan 2013 · Points: 10
Carolina wrote: Well it’s becoming official.  

https://www.dailywire.com/news/bombshell-five-eyes-dossier-leaks-on-chinas-alleged-coronavirus-cover-up-contains-damning-revelations

MMobes will be along shortly to apologize for us insulting China and claim that they only harvest organs for good people.  Damn Wuhan Pneumonia.  

There were good organ harvesters on both sides

Carolina wrote: Well it’s becoming official.  

MMobes will be along shortly to apologize for us insulting China and claim that they only harvest organs for good people.  Damn Wuhan Pneumonia.  

Ah yes, the apparently very relevent dailywire....
Carolina · · Front Range NC · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 20
Franck Vee wrote:

Ah yes, the apparently very relevent dailywire....

Ever kept bees Franck?  

PWZ · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 0

Xenophobia and interspecies dominance just collided

Carolina wrote:

Ever kept bees Franck?  

No, I mean I really wanna know what's up when I drink whiskey every night. Finally we're going to get that settled! Just another example of stuff being ignore by msm. Thanks to the internet we can now get info. Wake up sheeple!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "Will you avoid buying gear made in China now?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started