Mountain Project Logo

Great Online Deals of 2020

Eric Climb · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2019 · Points: 0

I took advantage of the Sports Basement sale and bought 5 Camalot Ultralights.  The dates on some of the slings disappointed me. Two of the dates were 01-2018 and one was 2015.  The 2015 date surprised me because I thought the Ultralights were introduced in 2016. 

The information sheet says they should be retired 10 years after manufacture date not the sale date. How old is too old for a shop to sell online without informing the buyer?

Heywood L · · FL · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 0

BEAL Birdie belay device on trekkin $53 and  moose-jaw $56, snatched one up, been wanting to try it

​​Moosejaw​​​

Trekkinn ​​​

Brian H · · Anchorage ak · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 668
Eric Climb wrote: I took advantage of the Sports Basement sale and bought 5 Camalot Ultralights.  The dates on some of the slings disappointed me. Two of the dates were 01-2018 and one was 2015.  The 2015 date surprised me because I thought the Ultralights were introduced in 2016. 

The information sheet says they should be retired 10 years after manufacture date not the sale date. How old is too old for a shop to sell online without informing the buyer?

Yea I would return that if it were me.

Jake G · · Maryland · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 10

Organic is offering a deal. Everyday after you order and until the factory reopens you save like 50 cents or something like that. The catch is you have to wait until they reopen before they can start working on your pad.

Ben Ha · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 0
Eric Climb wrote: I took advantage of the Sports Basement sale and bought 5 Camalot Ultralights.  The dates on some of the slings disappointed me. Two of the dates were 01-2018 and one was 2015.  The 2015 date surprised me because I thought the Ultralights were introduced in 2016.

The Serial/Engraved number on the back of cam lobes is when it is manufactured. I believe the CE number is the lab that certified the product ....

luke M · · Columbia, SC · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0
Jake G. wrote: Organic is offering a deal. Everyday after you order and until the factory reopens you save like 50 cents or something like that. The catch is you have to wait until they reopen before they can start working on your pad.

Link?

Ryan Mac · · Durango, CO · Joined Apr 2019 · Points: 0

Does anyone know if EpicTV have any codes going at the moment?

Eugenel Espiritu · · Pennsylvania · Joined May 2015 · Points: 1,615

This isn’t the forum for this but aging gear is a myth. As long as the gear is unused, I would still keep it. mountainproject.com/forum/t…

climber pat · · Las Cruces NM · Joined Feb 2006 · Points: 286
Eugenel Espiritu wrote:

This isn’t the forum for this but aging gear is a myth. As long as the gear is unused, I would still keep it. mountainproject.com/forum/t…

Ultralight's cable is made of spectra or something similar not metal so it has to be thought of more like a softgood.  As i recall the lifespan was black diamond's recommendation.

climber pat wrote:

Ultralight's cable is made of spectra or something similar not metal so it has to be thought of more like a softgood.  As i recall the lifespan was black diamond's recommendation.

Still not the forum. Loses 20-40% of strength over 30 years with use and still your rope is your limiting factor.

https://www.blackdiamondequipment.com/en_US/qc-lab-old-vs-new-gear-testing/qc-lab-old-vs-new-gear-testing.html

climber pat · · Las Cruces NM · Joined Feb 2006 · Points: 286
Eugenel Espiritu wrote:

Still not the forum. Loses 20-40% of strength over 30 years with use and still your rope is your limiting factor.

https://www.blackdiamondequipment.com/en_US/qc-lab-old-vs-new-gear-testing/qc-lab-old-vs-new-gear-testing.html

Just correcting your misinformation in this forum.  Even new your rope is stronger than the cams.  Once again black diamond says the lifespan is 10 years for a properly stored ultralight in their documentation.  I would not be willing to recommend otherwise.  Ultralight manual  I do suspect they have significant margin built into their recommendation.

Edit:  I guess there is the potential that black diamond could replace the cable.
climber pat wrote:

Just correcting your misinformation in this forum.  Even new your rope is stronger than the cams.  Once again black diamond says the lifespan is 10 years for a properly stored ultralight in their documentation.  I would not be willing to recommend otherwise.  Ultralight manual  I do suspect they have significant margin built into their recommendation.

Edit:  I guess there is the potential that black diamond could replace the cable.

You win and I still dont care about the date. Please lets move this argument to this forum: mountainproject.com/forum/t…

Michael Atlas · · Charlotte, NC · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 35

Miyar adventures has some totems in stock @ $89.99.  If you are a new customer (or just spin up a new email address) - you can get a 15% off coupon which brings them down to around $77 each with free shipping and no tax.

Sean Hoffecker · · Sandy, UT · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 10
My Cal At Last wrote: Miyar adventures has some totems in stock @ $89.99.  If you are a new customer (or just spin up a new email address) - you can get a 15% off coupon which brings them down to around $77 each with free shipping and no tax.

the code doesn't apply to totems.  What did you do to get it to work?

Sean Hoffecker wrote:

the code doesn't apply to totems.  What did you do to get it to work?

I just put in the code they sent me and it worked.  

Damnit, I see what they did.  They marked them down now to $84.95 from the $89.95 and now the coupon code no longer applies because they aren't full price.  If you chat with them, maybe they will still honor it.  Sneaky as hell!
Justin Sanger · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2019 · Points: 35
My Cal At Last wrote: Miyar adventures has some totems in stock @ $89.99.  If you are a new customer (or just spin up a new email address) - you can get a 15% off coupon which brings them down to around $77 each with free shipping and no tax.

Just got a pair of boots from them last night crazy cheap and the owner emailed me a thank you for buying with them! +1 for Miyar Adventures

I asked the rep at Miyar to bump the price back to $89 so that new members could apply their 15% off coupon.  He temporary did it, so if you take a look now, you should see the totems and should be able to apply your 15% off coupon.  No idea how long it will last.  I'm reconsidering the purchase, so go ahead and take them.

code:  MFF15

Matt N · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2010 · Points: 415
My Cal At Last wrote: I asked the rep at Miyar to bump the price back to $89 so that new members could apply their 15% off coupon.  He temporary did it, so if you take a look now, you should see the totems and should be able to apply your 15% off coupon.  No idea how long it will last.  I'm reconsidering the purchase, so go ahead and take them.

code:  MFF15

Nice looking out. Purple through red still in stock. 

Stock is getting thin around the web - madrock has blacks supposedly. Marco recently stated that the Totem factory shut down for COVID, so anyone who is wanting to blow their pandemic cash on Totems should do so quickly, or risk potential weeks-months delays. I would suggest contacting retailers and asking for 15% off price-match or something. 
Bobby Parker · · La Mesa, CA · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 20
https://www.ecoldalstore.online/
Not sure how legit, but it says Arcterx at over 85% off. 
Jared Chrysostom · · Clemson, SC · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 5

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started