Mountain Project Logo

WTB Rotary Hammer drill

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Landon McDowell · · Saint George UT · Joined Aug 2019 · Points: 114

Anyone have a older and cheaper drill? Trying to buy a used drill I’m two broke for a  new one.

Chris Lanier · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 0

Pawn shops would be worth checking if you come up short on here. 

Logan Peterson · · Santa Fe, NM · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 196

Have a look at CPO Outlets.
I bought a reconditioned Bosch 18V from them with battery and charger for $190 shipped. It isn't the fastest, but it's half the weight of my buddy's 36V, so he's constantly asking to borrow it. It looked brand new, and has drilled a few hundred holes with no issue.
I'm seeing a reconditioned Bulldog 18V (significantly higher impact force than mine) for $199--tool only.
Their reconditioned stock rotates, but if you check periodically and aren't set on a single model, you ought to find something.
Looks like Roy Boy and I were typing the same story simultaneously. Perhaps it's a sign.

Carson Mc · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2020 · Points: 25

It's not the drill that will get you, it's the batteries.
If you could hook up with a friend or two to share, I would look at a Metabo from Ohio Power Tool at this moment. You could run that thing every day for a year and it would be fine.

For reference:
METABO 18V 1" SDS-PLUS BRUSHLESS ROTARY HAMMER W/ HEPA VAC ATTACHMENT 4.0AH BATTERY, CHARGER, CASE KIT 600211900-4
MET600211900-4

Landon McDowell · · Saint George UT · Joined Aug 2019 · Points: 114

Hell yea thanks guys!

Logan Peterson · · Santa Fe, NM · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 196
Tal Wanish wrote:

Hey Logan, is this the guy you have?

https://www.cpooutlets.com/factory-reconditioned-bosch-gbh18v-26k24-rt-6.3-ah-cordless-lithium-ion-brushless-1-in.-sds-plus-bulldog-rotary-hammer-kit/bshrgbh18v-26k24-rt.html

That link isn't working, but it looks like it's for the Bulldog. I got the RHS 181. I believe it has an impact force of 1.2 ft-lbs as opposed to 1.9 for the new 18V Bulldog. However, I'm getting as many holes out of a 4 Ah battery as any other drill I've used. For 3/8" x 3.+", I'm getting 20+ holes in basalt, 15+ in granite, and 30+ in concrete (home projects).

I'd shell out for the heavier Bulldog for sport routes on roadside crags. My 181 really shines when the approach is long.

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started