Michael Anthony · · Crestline · Joined Oct 2019 · Points: 0

No more MCSP either. Prob for the best. 

Guy Keesee · · Moorpark, CA · Joined Mar 2008 · Points: 349

MCSP????? 

Sam Cieply · · Venice, CA · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 25
Stay out of Malibu Keesee!
Michael Anthony · · Crestline · Joined Oct 2019 · Points: 0
Guy Keesee wrote: MCSP????? 

Apologies, I keep forgetting CA is massive and unless you’re relatively local, acronyms are likely useless

Sam Cieply · · Venice, CA · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 25

LOL Guy you’re not local enough!

x15x15 · · Use Ignore Button · Joined Mar 2009 · Points: 275

The world really IS ending...

Sam Cieply wrote:
Stay out of Malibu Keesee!

Haha.... Sam I know how to get in the back way!!! 

And acronyms are a terrible way to communicate!! 
WAYSL???
Chris Loh · · Los Angeles CA · Joined May 2019 · Points: 35

MCSP is still open for climbing. It’s only closed to vehicular traffic. The camp grounds and parking lot have been closed since the weekend. If you live with your climbing partner, they have deemed it okay to climb.
I did see large groups TR ape wall yesterday and I thought that there was no way all those people live together..

Chris Loh wrote: MCSP is still open for climbing. It’s only closed to vehicular traffic. The camp grounds and parking lot have been closed since the weekend. If you live with your climbing partner, they have deemed it okay to climb.
I did see large groups TR ape wall yesterday and I thought that there was no way all those people live together..

Maybe a commune??? The Mansion Familly would go to Stoney all the time! 

LOL
D Elliot · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0
Chris Loh wrote: If you live with your climbing partner, they have deemed it okay to climb.

Who’s “they”, and how do they make that determination on the spot? 

Second sentence verifies the continuous selfish, self-centered and ignorant attitude of many climbers in the area. There were (and still are daily) many going to Stoney, despite Stay-At-Home, park closure, distancing and heavy rains. 
Im Sorry · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 20

PLEASE OPEN THE GYMS BACK UP

D Elliot wrote:

There were (and still are daily) many going to Stoney, despite Stay-At-Home, park closure, distancing and heavy rains. 

So you’re saying folks are climbing when it’s wet? 

Or are you seeing cars parked? 
I was out of the country all last week till Monday nite.... thinking of going Thursday to work on “The Art Removal Project” - alone. If I see people climbing then we will have “the talk”. 
D Elliot · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0
Guy Keesee wrote:

So you’re saying folks are climbing when it’s wet? 

Or are you seeing cars parked? 
I was out of the country all last week till Monday nite.... thinking of going Thursday to work on “The Art Removal Project” - alone. If I see people climbing then we will have “the talk”. 

Verified through video taken of them climbing via local friends. He informed some of them that were clueless, others knew they shouldn’t be there. 

Seemed like as soon as there was a break in the rain throughout the week, there were people lugging pads in there, but nothing new nowadays unfortunately. 

Good on your friend, I never hesitate to introduce myself and let them know about the wet, fragile stone. I find that most are clueless, because plastic never gets weak when wet. I try to offer up other spots they could visit- I carry a SoCal GB and point out the spots. 

Hairy potter · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 20

I was so looking forward to weeknight bouldering with the time change...rain, viruses...will this ever end?

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern California
Post a Reply to "Stoney Point is CLOSED"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started