Mountain Project Logo

RR March 15 16 17

Original Post
Alex Wright · · Fort Collins · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 55

I am around Vegas for these days. Down to get on anything but would love to get on Epinephrine. Trad Sport or Bouldering. Contact on email or IG: 93tillinfiniti. 

Danny Beatty · · Mount Shasta, CA · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 5

Sent you a PM 

Robert Gaston · · Bend, Or · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 15

Hey,
I’m looking for a sport climbing partner for tomorrow. Either of you interested? Sunny and steep could be a good option. 2143648776
Rob 

Mason Santos · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

Gonna be in the area tomorrow for a couple days too. Looking to do trad/sport/bouldering as well 9515515732

Bryan K · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 525

Just an FYI for everyone, we got a TON of rain this week, like record breaking rainfall in Vegas and Red Rock.  Conditions might be okay tomorrow for the sunny areas (sunny and steep, Kraft boulders, south side of Cannibal Crag).  They were drying out pretty well today but weren't in good enough condition yet from what I saw around mid day.

I think multi-pitch in the canyons is out for tomorrow and Monday, as the canyons typically get even more rain than the Calico hills do and they get less sun exposure throughout the day.  Epinephrine and the Black Velvet wall are certainly not viable for climbing.  They are very shady and will be wet for a while.  Plus conditions are windy so multi-pitch is a bad idea anyway when there's wind around here (ropes get stuck very easily).

If you want to be really cool, just stick to limestone for tomorrow and check conditions for the sunny sandstone areas on Monday.  They should be good by then after two days of solid sun and wind.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Nevada Partners
Post a Reply to "RR March 15 16 17"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started