Mountain Project Logo

Mercedes or vans that aren’t you home 24/7 isn’t dirtbagging!

cassondra l · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2008 · Points: 335
Antisocial Alpine Hiker wrote:

LOL @ the Taco drivers. You nailed it. They really all shirtless, flat brimmed baseball cap wearing bros giving each other high fives and smashing beer cans on their foreheads while picking fights with people for no reason.

It's been a long time since someone called me "bro" (as a joke,) And if I went shirtless anywhere outside, I'd probably get arrested, unless it was someplace far out in the boonies that I could drive to in my Taco, where most other folks couldn't get to unless they had a stout 4x4 and didn't mind getting it scratched up.

ps, I listen to Deadmau5
Justin Sanger · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2019 · Points: 35
cassondra l wrote:

It's been a long time since someone called me "bro" (as a joke,) And if I went shirtless anywhere outside, I'd probably get arrested, unless it was someplace far out in the boonies that I could drive to in my Taco, where most other folks couldn't get to unless they had a stout 4x4 and didn't mind getting it scratched up.

Lots of Taco haters out there.

Marc801 C · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 65
Josh C wrote: If my home is my home 24/7, am I dirtbagging?

No. 

Nick Goldsmith · · Pomfret VT · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 440

I don't give a shit what type of vehicle you sleep in as long as you don't have dogs that bark every time someone comes in late or gets up early for a alpine start.

but for some reason there seems to be a large number of insecure shallow people on this site who feel the need to bash  people for choosing a van over a pickup truck or a honda civic or a prius.  
Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,610
Nick Goldsmith wrote: I don't give a shit what type of vehicle you sleep in as long as you don't have dogs that bark every time someone comes in late or gets up early for a alpine start.
  but for some reason there seems to be a large number of insecure shallow people on this site who feel the need to bash  people for choosing a van over a pickup truck or a honda civic or a prius.  

It's because you're so pretentious about it.

Chad Miller · · Grand Junction, CO · Joined Nov 2006 · Points: 150
Ticklestone wrote: Whatever. I've done months in each a Subaru, Matrix, PU, and van. There is absolutely no comparison when it has been raining for 4 days or is 0F in the morning. But I suppose if you don't leave the SW and only camp when it is nice you won't appreciate the difference.

You need a van to camp in bad and cold weather?  You’re an inexperienced wimp. 

Ticklestone · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 0
You need a van to camp in bad and cold weather?  You’re an inexperienced wimp. 

Camp a few nights? No. Live for months at a time? Yes. Inexperienced? Hahaha. Wimp? Whatever you say tough guy.

If my home is my home 24/7, am I dirtbagging?

Depends on how dirty it is and what you mean by "bagging".
M Mobley · · Bar Harbor, ME · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 911
Justin Sanger · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2019 · Points: 35

Lots of defensive van and Taco owners out there!  It's like the climbers' version of Ford vs. Ferrari.  Poor dirtbags versus rich douchebags.

For an Antisocial Alpine Hiker you sure converse with the community a lot old man!

Ticklestone wrote:
Camp a few nights? No. Live for months at a time? Yes. Inexperienced? Hahaha. Wimp? Whatever you say tough guy.

Depends on how dirty it is and what you mean by "bagging".

Prove me wrong then you big internet tough guy. 

Huh?  What makes you think I'm an old man?

What can I say, I'm bored at work, jealous of all the climbers gittin' eet all the time in their cool rigs.

If you lived in a van it would be all good bro. 

Princess Puppy Lovr · · Rent-n, WA · Joined Jun 2018 · Points: 1,756

Old people feel: If you live in a van but you think you are the modern day camp 4 hobo you aren't. (This is true)  

Young people feel: If you are mad at people for spending their time and money so that they can live in a van you are just a grumpy old person. (This is also true)

Vans are better for living. What more proof do you want?

Ticklestone wrote: Vans are better for living. What more proof do you want?

That’s not what this thread is about.

Really? What does 24/7 mean to you?

Ticklestone wrote: Really? What does 24/7 mean to you?

Read the entire title of the post and who it’s about. 

If I am interpretting the poor grammar correctly it seems to be about living in vans 24/7, which are much better for living in than trucks or subarus.

Read it again. 

Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,610

Lol, get a room you two!

Don't need one. I've got a van.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Mercedes or vans that aren’t you home 24/7 isn’…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started