Mountain Project Logo

FS: Nice Camper Van`

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
m j · · Mammoth Lakes · Joined May 2018 · Points: 0

I built out a van to sell and would love to sell it to a fellow climber.  You can find the post here: ​Sick van​​​

Bump

Ryan Henderson · · Denver, CO · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 145

Damn dude.  This van is sick!  Wasn't expecting to see such great quality.  Bravo.

Gumby boy king · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2019 · Points: 547

LULZ

Matt N · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2010 · Points: 415

[helpful?] criticisms
24k miles makes it used.
Used 2018 Promasters go for under $30k.

Is your build out really worth $40k? Perhaps to the right SF techie turned vanlifer.
Best of luck.

garrett K · · salt lake city · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 148
Matt N wrote: [helpful?] criticisms
24k miles makes it used.

Is your build out really worth $40k? Perhaps to the right SF techie turned vanlifer.
Best of luck.

I do always question how much these expensive vans actually get sold for. This amount does seem high but I have seen brand new, built out, 4wd, sprinters around the 60-90k. Yet to see one pushing 100k.

Michael Brady · · Wenatchee, WA · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 1,362
garrett knorr wrote:

I do always question how much these expensive vans actually get sold for. This amount does seem high but I have seen brand new, built out, 4wd, sprinters around the 60-90k. Yet to see one pushing 100k.

https://www.outsidevan.com/van/treeline/

Jeff Erwin · · Gunnison, CO · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 40
Mike Brady wrote:

https://www.outsidevan.com/van/treeline/

That looks like a great rig to hang your trash bag from the week on.

Owen Donnelly · · Seattle, WA · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 146
Matt N wrote: [helpful?] criticisms
24k miles makes it used.

Best of luck.

Clearly you don't know much about the Sprinter/Promaster market if you think 40k for a complete buildout is expensive hahaha. If you do any research into how much professional buildouts will cost you'd realize 40k is a good deal if this is the type of van/buildout you want. Obviously some people would rather just buy a used 1990 minivan and throw a crusty used mattress in the back, but thats not for everyone. No need to stand on your high horse and bash him.

Matt N · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2010 · Points: 415
Owen Donnelly wrote:

Clearly you don't know much about the Sprinter/Promaster market if you think 40k for a complete buildout is expensive hahaha. If you do any research into how much professional buildouts will cost you'd realize 40k is a good deal if this is the type of van/buildout you want. Obviously some people would rather just buy a used 1990 minivan and throw a crusty used mattress in the back, but thats not for everyone. No need to stand on your high horse and bash him.

All I know is that they seem insanely overpriced for what they are and that means in a few years the used market will be flooded with them at what might actually be reasonable prices. 

https://www.curbed.com/2018/8/1/17640472/camper-van-vanlife-diy-kit-for-sale seems more inline than $40k
Eugenel Espiritu · · Pennsylvania · Joined May 2015 · Points: 1,615

I will trade you a black totem and a pink tricam for the van. 

Rob Jarvis · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2017 · Points: 140

coolant looks funny

Owen Donnelly · · Seattle, WA · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 146
Matt N wrote:

All I know is that they seem insanely overpriced for what they are and that means in a few years the used market will be flooded with them at what might actually be reasonable prices. 

https://www.curbed.com/2018/8/1/17640472/camper-van-vanlife-diy-kit-for-sale seems more inline than $40k

Don't get me wrong spending 70k on a van is a lot of money, but thats what the market values a van like that. Don't hate the builder, hate the market. And yes the market will get flooded with vans in the future this is the kind of quick culture we live in, people move on to the next thing quickly.

Jeff Erwin wrote:

That looks like a great rig to hang your trash bag from the week on.

I really dont like their buildouts especially for the price. I mean they are nice and clean but they are so frickin expensive and not remotely cozy. I opted for a used van and did my own buildout, which clocked in around 20k-22k. There is something to be said for buying a newer plug and play setup but I enjoyed the build and appreciated spending 1/3 the coin

Norm Larson · · Wilson, Wy. · Joined Jan 2008 · Points: 60

Nice build you've got a good eye for a nice clean look.

Eugenel Espiritu wrote: I will trade you a black totem and a pink tricam for the van. 

Throw in a yellow totem, a set of brassies and a GriGri 1 set up for rope soloing and we will talk.

MisterE Wolfe · · Grass Valley, CA · Joined Dec 2007 · Points: 8,092

Sweet build-out! Also, some really good info on this thread, as well.

Nick Hanson · · Boone, NC · Joined Mar 2019 · Points: 10

Anyone got a van for a dirt bag to move out of his car into 

Nick Hanson wrote: Anyone got a van for a dirt bag to move out of his car into 

Yeah. Ill sell you mine for $67,999

Mike Brady wrote:

Yeah. Ill sell you mine for $67,999

Ill take it!

Not MP Admin · · The OASIS · Joined Nov 2018 · Points: 17

I'll trade the Roy Guidebook, plus my Hueco and Joes guidebooks for the van

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started