Mountain Project Logo

Hiking Mt Washington

Original Post
Laura Lavery · · Lambertville, NJ · Joined May 2018 · Points: 0

Anyone interested in a winter ascent of Mt Washington this December or January?

al ex · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 20

I hope to make it up again 

Christopher Robert · · Jersey City, NJ · Joined Mar 2019 · Points: 0

Hey Laura, I'm interested. Do you have a specific date in mind? 

Jacob Kenney · · Westminster, CO · Joined May 2019 · Points: 0

I'll be traveling to Maine for the holidays and would available most days, 12/26 to 1/2

MP3723 · · New Haven, CT · Joined May 2013 · Points: 10

I would love to do a winter Mt Washington hike. I attempted one time and had to turn around due to weather. Let me know!

Kaleb Blackmore · · Cheyenne, WY · Joined Aug 2019 · Points: 0

Never done a winter ascent of washington before but something I've wanted to do for awhile, I'm down! 

Hi crew,
    I did not pick any specific dates, but I can drive up on the 29th, climb 30th, drive home 31st  and be back for work on the 1st If we plan it for January. Thats not a big time window if there is bad weather. Rather leave on the 2nd and then I have several days to be there for an attempt. Anyone else down for the 1st weekend in January?
                  Laura

Joseph Ray · · Harmony · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 15

I could be.   I’m planning on heading to the Adirondacks Xmas eve and staying until the 2nd.   I was thinking on heading to NH as well.  I’ve always wanted to do Washington.  

Mike Collins · · Northampton, MA · Joined May 2013 · Points: 0

I am just curious because I have not done much winter hiking, what is the recommended footwear? I am interested in some winter hiking but that is one thing I am lacking.

Joseph Ray · · Harmony · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 15
Mike Collins wrote: I am just curious because I have not done much winter hiking, what is the recommended footwear? I am interested in some winter hiking but that is one thing I am lacking.

Depends on what your planning on doing.   A simple hike in the snow you can wear sneakers that are waterproof and some gaiters.   But this is referring to mount Washington.   If your not familiar with it you should do a little research you’ll find it entertaining for sure lol!  For something like this you will want a solid winter boot.  Something warm and comfortable.   You could run into all kinds of mixed terrain.   Snow, ice, rime ice, rock and dead bodies.  

Charles Hood · · Centreville, VA · Joined Jun 2019 · Points: 0

Hi folks, I'm in the NC/VA area right now but looking for a partner (or more than one) to run a Mt. Washington summit as well! I'm flexible on dates but I think sometime this December/January holiday season would be easiest for me.

Not sure how people typically coordinate on here, but I checked the "Follow Topic" button.

Alright gang - I was able to get coverage for work, so I can make it that weekend. Does anyone feel comfortable with their skills to act as a decision maker on safety/skills for the group or should we look into getting a guide? I'll email around to try to get a phone text chain going.

I think I emailed everyone on here so far. If I missed you, then send me one.

Zachary Zwick · · Seattle, WA · Joined Jul 2019 · Points: 35

Hey, I’d also be interested in climbing it during that time range

Jason Arrow · · NH · Joined Apr 2019 · Points: 10

I’ve been planning on getting up there. I’d definitely be interested in that first weekend in Jan. I also could probably do the weekend of dec 28-29

Stephen P · · South Plainfield, NJ · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 0

Im actually doing this with EMS climbing school on the 28th of Dec. Im from NJ so finding a partner seemed impossible and the $150 was more than reasonable. Anyone else here ever climb it with them before? Just curious if I paid a budget price? Am I getting a budget trip?

Mike Stanley · · NH · Joined Dec 2018 · Points: 0
Stephen P wrote: Im actually doing this with EMS climbing school on the 28th of Dec. Im from NJ so finding a partner seemed impossible and the $150 was more than reasonable. Anyone else here ever climb it with them before? Just curious if I paid a budget price? Am I getting a budget trip?

I havent climbed Mt. Washington with them but I did go ice climbing for the first time through EMS last year and my guide was top notch.

Jacob Sword · · Burbank, CA · Joined May 2019 · Points: 3

I also had a good experience with NoCo EMS guides

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

North Eastern States Partners
Post a Reply to "Hiking Mt Washington"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.