Mountain Project Logo

Which Chris Sharma video...?

Original Post
Brian Stevens · · Boulder, CO · Joined Apr 2011 · Points: 2,137

All this crappy weather has given me cabin fever...

There's this Chris Sharma video I remember watching on YouTube back in 2009-2011 and I've never been able to find it since.  It has two very specific scenes I remember though.  The first is he's climbing in some huge cave and gets to the anchors and asks his belayer for slack to take a big victory whipper.  His belayer pays out slack and Chris keeps saying, "mas, mas, mas!" and then takes a massive whip.

The second scene is he talks about how many years it took for him to get from grade-x to grade-y.

Help out if you know what I'm talking about!

Brendan A · · Golden · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 115

only chiming in because I wanna see this video

Gumby King · · The Gym · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 52

This came to mind but I didn't research the criteria you're mentioning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In6J9-UfzN4

Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,610
Mr. Stevens wrote: All this crappy weather has given me cabin fever...

There's this Chris Sharma I remember watching on YouTube back in 2009-2011 and I've never been able to find it since.  It has two very specific scenes I remember though.  The first is he's climbing in some huge cave and gets to the anchors and ask his belayer for slack to take a big victory whipper.  His belayer pays out slack and Chris keeps saying, "mas, mas, mas!" and then takes a massive whip.

The second scene is he talks about how many years it took for him to get from grade-x to grade-y.

Help out if you know what I'm talking about!

You just described every Sharma video.

Dan B · · California · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 305

Sounds like Jumbo Love to me. I can't say for sure but I know Ethan Pringle took a fatty whip when he sent

Tj Rokumpur · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2019 · Points: 0
Rob T wrote: Nope, the “Mas, mas!” segment is a Reel Rock in Catalunya with Dalia belaying, I’ll look up after putting kids to bed.
First Round, First Minute?

Anyone?  Rob T seemed to be on the right track...

Jack Sparrow · · denver, co · Joined Jun 2010 · Points: 1,560

It’s in dosage five after sending Neanderthal it’s part of a montage of hard Spanish sends.

In case you're dying to know, I found the video and it was in fact the "First Round, First Minute" from Reel Rock 5 after sending Neanderthal.  They have footage of the Neanderthal route in Dosage V, but not the big victory whip I was referring to.  All said and done, it was pretty anti-climactic once I found it...

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Photos & Videos
Post a Reply to "Which Chris Sharma video...?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started