Mountain Project Logo

Yosemite Campsite/Camping Sharing: Space Offered

Original Post
Nathaniel Chu · · Oakland, CA · Joined May 2016 · Points: 1,271
tl;dr Maybe we can post here when we have open spaces in our Yosemite campsites that we are willing to share with others to split costs and combine campfire stories.

1. I have a site in Yosemite for this weekend (Nov 15–17, Fri–Sun), which has additional room for 1 car and 4 more people. If you reply to me (PM) in such a way that you demonstrate that you are a real, kind, and quiet (we are gonna be up really early so we can flog ourselves all day), you are welcome to share the site with us! We'll split costs by person. Let me know your plan.

2. I often find myself wanting camping in the Valley, and often times people (like me) will have site reservations which would fit more cars and people. I wonder whether this thread might be an enduring place for people to post when they have space in their site they can offer up. I wager this has already been done before, but I'm sure the internet hordes will provide some strong opinions on whether this is useful.

Skip the dirtbag; meet new people; crush and be crushed.
Sean Post · · Golden, CO · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 31

Dude, Camp 4 is self-registration this time of year. No need for dealing with the red-state RV hell that is pines

Jeff B · · San Diego · Joined Feb 2018 · Points: 0

How likely is getting a site at camp 4 if you drove up on a Friday night?

A Johnson · · Atascadero · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 1,431

I think this is a cool thing to do.

Nathaniel Chu · · Oakland, CA · Joined May 2016 · Points: 1,271
Jeff B wrote: How likely is getting a site at camp 4 if you drove up on a Friday night?

This was my concern. I find it generally worth it to nab a site if available to have confidence of a place to sleep when arriving in the dark and intending to wake up super early for a larger objective. I know that Camp 4 is still generally full on all of the weekends, even in November (or at least, this is what rangers have told me). 

Either way, I think having a place for people to post site space would be useful, certainly once summer comes around again.

NegativeK · · Nevada · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 40
Sean Post wrote: Dude, Camp 4 is self-registration this time of year. No need for dealing with the red-state RV hell that is pines

Different strokes, different folks.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northern California
Post a Reply to "Yosemite Campsite/Camping Sharing: Space Offered"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started