Mountain Project Logo

Lost Spyderco Knife in Red Rocks near Calico Basin Boulders

Original Post
Dayna Menard · · Yosemite Village, CA · Joined Jan 2019 · Points: 0

Hi guys,
I lost my knife last weekend while bouldering at Red rocks. Its a very old beat up spyderco that is very special to me. It's chewed up one the end from opening many beers, and has a 40/60 blade. There's a little bit of dark green 4mm cord looped through the end as well.
If anyone finds it please let me know and I can venmo you to ship it back to me in Yosemite.

Thanks everyone
Dayna

Reformed Troll · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2019 · Points: 0

Hey Dayna,

Do you know what model it was by chance?

I think it might be clipit model, though I bought it back in 1996

Hey Dayna,

I think there were several different sizes and shapes that fell under the "clipit" category.  I could be crazy.  How big was the blade roughly?  Was it partially serrated?

The blade length is under 3 inches and it's both serrated and straight. Though if someone finds a knife out there as first described its most likely mine.

It is similar to this one, except mine is a lot more beat up

Oh cool!  Reason I was asking, is I was going to send you a very similar spyderco so you don't have to be without.  I wanted to make sure it was close, blade is a little longer though.

Oh I gotcha. That's mighty sweet of you, but you don't have to do that.
Thank you so much for the thought

Dayna Menard wrote: Oh I gotcha. That's mighty sweet of you, but you don't have to do that.
Thank you so much for the thought

Well, offer stands if they don't find your knife.  I know it probably has more sentimental value than anything.  I thought I lost this one, bought a replacement years ago, and then found it hiding between my car seat and center console.  I'm more into fixed blades these days anyway, so it really just sits there.

Gumby boy king · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2019 · Points: 547
Reformed Troll wrote:

Well, offer stands if they don't find your knife.  I know it probably has more sentimental value than anything.  I thought I lost this one, bought a replacement years ago, and then found it hiding between my car seat and center console.  I'm more into fixed blades these days anyway, so it really just sits there.

You really are reformed these days.

Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,610

I will take the knife.

Haha savages!
Okay I'll accept the offer. How do I PM you?

Marc H · · Longmont, CO · Joined May 2007 · Points: 265

Looks like his account was shut down in the last five hours. I wonder what the offense was this time.

Awwe...well I'm just going to just keep hoping someone stumbles upon my knife...or I magically fine it when I return there next month.

Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,610
Klimbien · · St.George Orem Denver Vegas · Joined Apr 2009 · Points: 455
Dayna Menard wrote: Awwe...well I'm just going to just keep hoping someone stumbles upon my knife...or I magically fine it when I return there next month.

Must be something in the air for Spyderco’s....I just “misplaced” my spyderco too. Best friend and climbing partner gave it me as a b-day gift in 2000 and have carried it daily until about 2 weeks ago. Felt so naked with out it that I already replaced it with another spyderco. 

I feel your pain. Hoping it magically pops up somewhere in the house. I still spend about 5 minutes everyday checking and rechecking the same spots lol. I spend a lot of time at calico, I’ll keep a lookout for it.
chris tregge · · Madison WI · Joined May 2007 · Points: 11,036

PM me (click on my name, then contact user) if you need reformed trolls contact info. Oddly enough he was totally serious about sending you a replacement knife. Dude made me this knife no shit: totally amazing

Klimbien · · St.George Orem Denver Vegas · Joined Apr 2009 · Points: 455
chris tregge wrote: PM me (click on my name, then contact user) if you need reformed trolls contact info. Oddly enough he was totally serious about sending you a replacement knife. Dude made me this knife no shit: totally amazing

Looks like a Damascus blade....that’s the good stuff!

chris tregge · · Madison WI · Joined May 2007 · Points: 11,036
Klimbien wrote:

Looks like a Damascus blade....that’s the good stuff!

Yea with ironwood handle. Beautiful 

Danny Herrera · · Sebastopol · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 567
chris tregge wrote: PM me (click on my name, then contact user) if you need reformed trolls contact info. Oddly enough he was totally serious about sending you a replacement knife. Dude made me this knife no shit: totally amazing

Didn't this dude just starting busting out his bad ass knife collection in the middle of some MP cancer argument thread?

Russ B · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Jun 2011 · Points: 42

That's not a knife. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Nevada
Post a Reply to "Lost Spyderco Knife in Red Rocks near Calico Ba…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started