Mountain Project Logo

Movement Gyms Join Earth Treks

Forthright · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2011 · Points: 110
Long Ranger wrote:  But now I can kick your ass.

LOL almost 40 and still e-flexing   

Long Ranger · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 669
Forthright wrote:

LOL almost 40

*Shakes walking cane at approximately your direction. Coughs*

and still e-flexing   

*Curls arm, arm falls off, lands in a dusty pile. In fact - turns completely into dust, then dust disappears*

Mike D · · Boulder, CO · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 845

I just saw that Planet Granite -Sunnyvale has a monthly rate of $98, just in case you need to feel better about the price increase at Movement. And your membership will be good there too, if you find yourself in the Bay Area.

I was a member there from opening day, off and on, until 2015. Seeing their current pricing made me all nostalgic for the early days when I was paying $24/month for my membership (prodeal rate when I worked at REI).

But now I'm fine with this. I'm also fine with having a fourth gym that I can take my kids with me to and put them in daycare while I climb or read (or honestly, grab a beer at Improper City).

Jfriday1 · · Golden, CO · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 40

Now i can lift/workout at ET, and climb at movement which has better route setting by far, and less annoying music and screaming kids.  Seems like a win.

Tradgic Yogurt · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2016 · Points: 55
Jfriday1 wrote: Now i can lift/workout at ET, and climb at movement which has better route setting by far, and less annoying music and screaming kids.  Seems like a win.

Between this and Parker calling the setting a junk show, sounds like we can all unite in being irked about something everywhere.

**shakes walking cane stick clip in solidarity**
Nick Spitznagle · · Denver, Co · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 128

I canceled my movement membership and built this for the price of a one year membership (beagle sold seperately). Just sayin there's options if you aren't stoked on the current gym scene

Nick Spitznagle wrote: I canceled my movement membership and built this for the price of a one year membership (beagle sold seperately). Just sayin there's options if you aren't stoked on the current gym scene

yeah, but Movement has better route setting. 

curt86iroc · · Lakewood, CO · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 274
Mike D wrote:

yeah, but Movement has better route setting. 

and a heater...

Charlie B · · SLC, UT · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 0

Congratulations Mike and Worley. That is actually pretty cool and I am psyched for you guys. 
Whodathunkit... back in the days of the PCA at the BRC that a rag-tag bunch of boulders would run a interstate gym corporation. (I don't mean that as a pejorative. It is actually super cool)
MOC is proud. 

Parker Wrozek · · Denver, CO · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 86
Tradgic Yogurt wrote:

Between this and Parker calling the setting a junk show, sounds like we can all unite in being irked about something everywhere.

**shakes walking cane stick clip in solidarity**

Haha, love it. 

I do like having the options though.
Val Ionesco · · Englewood, CO · Joined Apr 2011 · Points: 10

DBC Englewood is also a good option.

Val wrote: DBC Englewood is also a good option.

Never been. Love the downtown one though.

Long Ranger · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 669

They're already asking people to sign the new waiver - if you go into Movement after work hours, prepare to get in line for the iPad.

OH! And Movement is totally getting GriGris attached to top ropes. Grrr.

Long Ranger wrote: They're already asking people to sign the new waiver - if you go into Movement after work hours, prepare to get in line for the iPad.

I’d be okay with that if they’d let you self-belay with them. *

*That’s how we used to set routes at Planet Granite back in the day. 
curt86iroc · · Lakewood, CO · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 274
Long Ranger wrote:

It’s not an ET thing, it’s a planet granite thing. Trust me, when ET switched we were all annoyed. 

Long Ranger wrote: They're already asking people to sign the new waiver - if you go into Movement after work hours, prepare to get in line for the iPad.

You should finally be able to use an Ohm at movement though.

Tradgic Yogurt · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2016 · Points: 55
Parker Wrozek wrote:

You should finally be able to use an Ohm at movement though.

Still verboten. Will it change next year? Maybe, maybe not. Why? As always, "insurance"...

Amy Zalazar · · Denver, CO · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 35
curt86iroc wrote:

i honestly doubt the gyms will be more crowded. people will most likely continue to climb at whatever gym is closer to their home or office. for example, i'm not driving to baker just because my membership works there now...

I wouldn't get your hopes up too much. Several of my friends are super excited to start climbing to at Baker now since it is closer to their home than Englewood.

Anthony Ricci · · Broomfield, CO · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 0
TaylorP wrote:

I think thats probably true... and it seems fair. $120 for climbing, yoga, strength/fitness classes (my gym has cycling & boxing), cardio equipment, free weights & machines, showers/sauna, and usually free monthly events (movie screenings, comps, etc). Compare that to normal gyms in the area and its pretty absurd what climbing gyms offer for the price.

Who do you think can afford that? Sure as hell not most people I know. 

Tradgic Yogurt wrote:

Still verboten. Will it change next year? Maybe, maybe not. Why? As always, "insurance"...

Bummer. You can use it at ET so hopefully that will change at movement.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "Movement Gyms Join Earth Treks"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started