Mountain Project Logo

Climbing around Austin?

Original Post
Maddy Taylor · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2019 · Points: 0

Hi all,

I’m in Austin for work and free 3rd November For the day if anyone is climbing outdoors and wouldn’t mind me tagging along :-)

Got my shoes and harness but no other gear. Happy bouldering, sport climbing or trad seconding!

Maddy

Hank Caylor · · Livin' in the Junk! · Joined Dec 2003 · Points: 643

I highly recommend the bouldering at Bull Creek Park, all the info is right here on Mountain Project. Very pretty little park, 100yd approach, all the various grades from pedestrian to difficult and thick pea-gravel to land in so no real need for a pad or spotter. Good luck, have fun and try to eat at Chuy's Mexican Food one time while you're there.

Robert S · · Driftwood, TX · Joined Sep 2018 · Points: 654

Maddy, I may be out with some friends that are newer to climbing, so if you don't mind climbing 5.6-5.8, feel free to send me a PM. There's a chance I'll be out with some friends who will want to climb 5.10 and 5.11, but the former scenario is more likely.

Maddy Taylor · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2019 · Points: 0

Robert if you wouldn’t mind be tagging along for the day that would be awesome :-) I’m not too fussed on grades, just be nice to get out! Equally if it doesn’t work out I will go and check out Bull Creek Park.
Thanks both!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Texas Partners
Post a Reply to "Climbing around Austin?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started