Mountain Project Logo

Solo Moab/Desert Trip

Original Post
Chase M · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2019 · Points: 0

I'm planning a month long climbing trip in Moab / a few other destinations during late October, early November.  

I will be going by myself, would I be better off getting a top rope solo set up (ascenders) or bouldering pads in order to make the most out of my trip? I would be looking for available climbing partners during that time as well, what would be the best way to find partners? 

Just looking for some opinions

Thanks!

Chase Bowman · · Durango, CO · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 1,010

What's up fellow Chase, Moab is an easy and awesome place to find climbing partners especially in the time you are going! If you worried about about finding people I think the bouldering pads would be a better than a top rope set up. But MP and just going to the crag is the best way to meet partners as there are few locals in the area.

Andy Novak · · Bailey, CO · Joined Aug 2007 · Points: 370

Get one pad and a whole bunch of good beers. You'll be set.  

Andrew Gram · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 3,725

Setting topropes without leading first is very difficult around Moab.  Hitching rides on topropes is easy at the Creek and Wall Street.

Jennifer Nielsen · · Rockville, UT · Joined Jun 2018 · Points: 4

Chase! I will also be in the Moab area in Late October and early November, celebrating fun-employment. Hit me up with you get out there and we can link up. 8044132378

Meghan Rooney · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2019 · Points: 0

Hello Chase and Jen! I’m also in Moab looking for some climbing partners, one of the days October 21-24. Let me know if you’re still looking to climb 6135523953.  

Sam Latone · · Chattanooga, TN · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 45

No need to be solo in Moab...just go to Indian Creek.  Bring beer and the will to belay and you'll find a crew quickly.  Look for campfires at night in Superbowl Campground or Cottonwood campground(bring firewood to offer), and hit up Supercrack Butress in the day. Its worked for me every time. 

Gabriel Demers · · Montréal, Québec, CA · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 65

Hey! Im in Moab Solo for the next week as well hit me up if you are in need of a partner! 720-690-7939. I got 2 racks, a rope and the will to send!

nordich2o · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 32

I am solo as well looking for partner Oct 22 - 27. Text me at 14062493972.
Been climbing in Indian Ck past week. Keen on doing Castleton too.  

Ty Gittins · · Bozeman · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 1,376

I'm headed to IC Tues thru Monday nxt week. Anyone wanna climb? Send me a PM

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern Utah Deserts
Post a Reply to "Solo Moab/Desert Trip"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started