Mountain Project Logo

Pinched Posterior Tibial Nerve

Original Post
M Cat · · Hell · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 1,562

Anyone experienced this? I was just walking, heard a pop, now I can barely flex my ankle or stand. Supposed to climb tomorrow... advice? Approach shoe over an aircast?

I tried to somehow rig up a brace, but nothing works.. I can stand perfectly still but can’t walk. Icing resting it and NSAIDS, yielded some reduction in pain, but still couldn’t make it ten feet. I’m never walking on flat ground again!

After about a week I can walk again, right foot %75. Still can’t quit get into a deep squat, but my foot has almost normal flexion... kinda worried about jumping down onto it while bouldering. Anyhow.. will update if I get any tests done.. hopefully this is helpful to the next person.

Two weeks later, I just hiked 17 miles of rugged terrain in one day. There’s still some lingering pain and stiffness, but mobility and strength are %85. Looking forward to putting my shoes on again :3

1.5 months later, I can finally climb again (including mantling into a high foot, which mimics the deep squat position I was unable to do post injury). I tried to climb at 30 days, but the strength and mobility just wasn’t there.. one warm up ending in a v0 mantle/high foot, back to pain and instability. Still some lingering stiffness, which leads me to believe I somehow injured the tendons in my interior ankle, not a pinched nerve, despite the weird pain and onset.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Injuries and Accidents
Post a Reply to "Pinched Posterior Tibial Nerve"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started