Mountain Project Logo

MISSING CAT IN BUCKHORN BASIN

Original Post
Marissa S · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2019 · Points: 0
Very friendly white cat, name is Tum. He is microchipped but not collared. Owner is in the buckhorn wash and is Brenna: 970.889.2199. Call me directly if sited: 561.809.4541.
Ron O · · middle of nowhere, southern… · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 0
This post violated Guideline #1 and has been removed.
Andy Eiter · · Madison, WI · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 276

Come on, guys. Guideline #1.

Hope you find him, Marissa.

csproul · · Pittsboro...sort of, NC · Joined Dec 2009 · Points: 330

Nowhere in that post does it say the cat came out with someone climbing, only that there is a missing cat that belongs to someone who (presumably) lives near where the cat went missing, which is near a climbing area.

MojoMonkey · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2009 · Points: 66
Ron O wrote: 

Useful post, glad you contributed. And didn't even read well enough to see the cat is not hers, but she is serving as the contact for somebody that possibly can't?

curt86iroc · · Lakewood, CO · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 274
Andy Eiter wrote: Come on, guys. Guideline #1.

i mean, it's more a guideline than a hard and fast rule...

grog m · · Saltlakecity · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 70
MP · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 2

I'll take this opportunity to mention that cats are an ecological nightmare.  In the USA, they are estimated to kill 1.3 to 3.7 billion birds and 6.3 to 22.3 billion mammals annually.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_predation_on_wildlife

Anyways, this is a digression. Good luck getting your pet back.

PWZ · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 0

what sort of filth are you getting into in the hot tub that requires a cinder block?

MojoMonkey · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2009 · Points: 66
Ron O wrote: 

My point was you rushed in, not even parsing the post completely, to make a joke about the cat being eaten by a coyote and lob an accusatory question about letting the cat run wild.

I am not a fan of people letting their cats roam free killing birds and turning gardens into litter boxes. Found a turd by my door this morning actually. However that was not definitively what happened here - maybe it got loose from the RV and ran off scared. But even if it were the case, you really want to be the guy rushing in to blame the person upset about their cat? And then make a joke about it being eaten?

And it is an obvious joke anyway, but kudos for being the first to post it. At least it is getting her post some exposure.
FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 276
Ron O wrote: Oh yeah, and cats running loose and crapping everywhere is the sole cause of toxoplasmosis which kills hundreds of infants each year, but largely goes undiagnosed and gets labelled SIDS.

Edit cider block on wall above tub. Falls into redwood panel.

You read the OP as "What do you think of cats"?  

Dustin Stotser · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2014 · Points: 371

Good luck finding the cat.  

Ron and mpech,
Environmental and health concerns noted.  Now go piss off and start a thread about that issue, while making sure to also mention man's best friend.

Ron,
It is unnecessary and vile to mention your support for the coyotes on a thread looking to find a lost pet.  I hope you get locked up for the animal cruelty you likely commit weekly.

James C · · Seattle, WA · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 134

As a fellow cat owner, I feel for you. Post on pawboost.com if you haven't already.

curt86iroc · · Lakewood, CO · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 274
Ron O wrote: Oh yeah, and cats running loose and crapping everywhere is the sole cause of toxoplasmosis which kills hundreds of infants each year, but largely goes undiagnosed and gets labelled SIDS.

never heard of this before. got anything to cite? 

MP · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 2

yeah, i've never heard of congenital toxo infections being misdiagnosed as SIDS... there are definitely other things that get mislabelled as SIDS.

SIDS is a catchall for undiagnosed deaths.

I like how I get banned but others can call me a liar and accuse me of animal cruelty.
(I bet the mod is a cat owner)

Boissal . · · Small Lake, UT · Joined Aug 2006 · Points: 1,541
Ron O wrote: SIDS is a catchall for undiagnosed deaths.

I like how I get banned but others can call me a liar and accuse me of animal cruelty.
(I bet the mod is a cat owner)

You got moderated cause you were acting like a twat. Since you do lie and essentially advocate animal cruelty there's no reason these others you speak of should have to be disciplined for calling you on it. I think the mod is simply not an idiot and tired of your shit. This thread is a who's who of the worst MP taints, congrats on making the cut!

OP, best of luck in finding your kitteh.
Bill Kirby · · Keene New York · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 480

SO cats kill hundreds of people a year??. Alright so cats are good for the environment then. I don't see what the problem is?

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern Utah Deserts
Post a Reply to "MISSING CAT IN BUCKHORN BASIN"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started