Mountain Project Logo

$3200 Steel Fabricated Campus Board With Rungs and Holds

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Barry M · · WV · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 0

I’m sure you can get a local scrapper to come take it into the scrap yard for you and they won’t even charge ya:)

Jonathan Brown · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Mar 2019 · Points: 0

I'm actually working on a $3300 campus board right now.  I spent $2,500 on a new roof for my barn & about $800 for the wall inside it.

JSchultz · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2008 · Points: 85
Isaac Gray wrote:

You really need a new steel guy. 

Bullshit, I'm not a liar.  I was getting the steel low at contractor prices, and that was three years ago (Tucson).  Prices of steel have escalated since then. Go on ahead and get some quotes on the steel and post them to this forum if you know so much. Keep in mind that you have to purchase full sticks of this stuff, you cant just get precise dimensions unless you want to pay the cut fees. You need a 4'x8'x3/16"  sheet of steel plate. 4 each 3x3x3/16 x 20LF square tube. 2 each 2x2x1/4 x 20 LF square tube, 1 each 2x2x1/8" square tube, 1 stick of 1-1/2" round stock, nuts-bolts-washers. If memory serves me correctly I paid $499 for the raw steel delivered to the shop, and about $50 for the hardware (Ace). Put yer $ where you mouth is Isaac.

Barry M wrote: I’m sure you can get a local scrapper to come take it into the scrap yard for you and they won’t even charge ya:)

Awwwe, that hurts Barry. I'm not ready to scrap 'her yet. Somebody wants this thing- they just haven't seen it yet.

James P · · Lynnwood, WA · Joined Apr 2019 · Points: 0
JSchultz wrote:
$500 doesn't even cover the steel

JSchultz wrote:

If memory serves me correctly I paid $499 for the raw steel

MP · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 2

Update-- I sold the diamond encrusted dildo, please stop pm'ing me for details
(EDIT-- looks like my initial comment got deleted, so this reference doesn't really make sense any more). 

Also, I would be interested in the setup if the tubes were filled with rats.

Best,matt

Mikey Seaman · · Boise, ID · Joined Sep 2010 · Points: 5
JSchultz wrote:

You need a 4'x8'x3/16"  sheet of steel plate. 4 each 3x3x3/16 x 20LF square tube. 2 each 2x2x1/4 x 20 LF square tube, 1 each 2x2x1/8" square tube, 1 stick of 1-1/2" round stock, nuts-bolts-washers. If memory serves me correctly I paid $499 for the raw steel delivered to the shop, and about $50 for the hardware (Ace). Put yer $ where you mouth is Isaac.

No mention of the cotter pin used to secure the back breaker bar. I am beginning to doubt whether OP owns this thing or not. He seems to be pulling the dimensions from thin air. And for the record, a 4'x8'x3/16" sheet of steel weighs ~5# per lineal foot, so your weight calculations are either way off or you are not actually in possession of this piece of exercise equipment. At a minimum, it was your friends and you have some pics but I would be very skeptical to send you any money without better proof that you own this. If you did, you would have 2 friends who will help you reassemble it outside as a proof of life. If the actual owners are not aware that you are selling it, and if it goes across state lines once you accept an offer, you may be committing a felony. I am officially on the record as stating my concerns and this may be used as evidence to support my claim.  {insert} time:stamp

' ' · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 461

Free bump JSchultz.

I hope you find somebody to buy your masterpiece at your asking price. I love the backbreaker bar.

...many questions remain though, like, why the plasma cut parts? why not just make an A-frame at the angle of the board and save an imperial buttload of money? were the plasma cut parts just for swag?

if you were going for jazzy points, why did you not do something more sexy?

...Suggestions for your next climbing training creation: it is chrome plated and pineapple shaped, its glow in the dark and bondage/sex toy integrated, it transforms into a truck and then again into a robot warrior that can defend your hairless cats from abductors, it plays a mean Rhythm Master, it fillets, it chops, it dices, slices, Never stops, lasts a lifetime, mows your lawn and it picks up the kids from school, It gets rid of unwanted facial hair, it gets rid of embarrassing age spots, It delivers a pizza, and it lengthens, and it strengthens, It makes excuses for unwanted lipstick on your collar, You can live in it, live in it, laugh in it, love in it, Swim in it, sleep in it, Live in it, swim in it, laugh in it, love in it, it removes embarrassing stains from contour sheets, it entertains visiting relatives, it turns a sandwich into a banquet, it walks your dog, and it doubles on sax, It gives you an erection, it wins the election, It gets rid of your gambling debts, it quits smoking, It's a friend, and it's a companion, And it's the only product you will ever need, it never needs ironing, it takes weights off hips, bust, thighs, chin, midriff, Gives you dandruff, and it finds you a job, it is a job, it gives you denture breath, it's new, it's improved, it's old-fashioned, it takes care of business, never needs winding, gets rid of blackheads, the heartbreak of psoriasis, it's effective, it creates household odors, it disinfects, it sanitizes for your protection, it stops you from screaming "TAKE" on your climbs, it trolls for you on the proj'.

Glenn Schuler · · Monument, Co. · Joined Jun 2006 · Points: 1,330

This is the best thread on MP, f#king hilarious!

Stand your ground Schultz, someone will buy the TED Campus Machine.  TED! TED! TED!

Isaac Gray · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 8
JSchultz wrote:

Bullshit, I'm not a liar.  I was getting the steel low at contractor prices, and that was three years ago (Tucson).  Prices of steel have escalated since then. Go on ahead and get some quotes on the steel and post them to this forum if you know so much. Keep in mind that you have to purchase full sticks of this stuff, you cant just get precise dimensions unless you want to pay the cut fees. You need a 4'x8'x3/16"  sheet of steel plate. 4 each 3x3x3/16 x 20LF square tube. 2 each 2x2x1/4 x 20 LF square tube, 1 each 2x2x1/8" square tube, 1 stick of 1-1/2" round stock, nuts-bolts-washers. If memory serves me correctly I paid $499 for the raw steel delivered to the shop, and about $50 for the hardware (Ace). Put yer $ where you mouth is Isaac.

Did you just ask me to go shop steel for you?

Michael Atlas · · Charlotte, NC · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 35

Ill take the holds and plug them into by $40/sheet 8x4 plywood and 2x4 climbing wall

Trad Dad Atlas wrote: Ill take the holds and plug them into by $40/sheet 8x4 plywood and 2x4 climbing wall

There are only 6 or so holds. This is more a piece of exercise equipment with a climbing theme. 

for the record, a 4'x8'x3/16" sheet of steel weighs ~5# per lineal foot, so your weight calculations are either way off
Nope. Plate is sold by the pound per square foot. 3/16" thick plate weighs 7.65 pounds per sf. So an 8' wide piece of plate would weigh about 61 lb per linear foot. You are way out of you scope bro. Please post again in an attempt to defend yourself, it will be wildly entertaining for viewers. 

@Ziggy...
TLDR, but I did skim enough of it to see it was a troll. That musta took hours to dream up. Thank you for your time. NOW GET BACK UNDER YOUR BRIDGE you pathetic trol-loser.
Just kidding bro, dont get all butt hurt on the interwebs. Thanks for looking.

JSchultz wrote: Nope. Plate is sold by the pound per square foot. 3/16" thick plate weighs 7.65 pounds per sf. So an 8' wide piece of plate would weigh about 61 lb per linear foot. You are way out of you scope bro. Please post again in an attempt to defend yourself, it will be wildly entertaining for viewers. 

No comment on the cotter pin is all the proof I needed that you don’t actually own this thing. You haven’t said anything about the workouts you did and no pics of the build? Highly suspicious. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if this thing wasn’t already a rat hotel full of mesquite beans and dog shit and OP is building this elaborate troll to justify leaving it at his last rental. He can, ”in good faith”  tell the landlord someone from an online forum said they were going to buy it and he left it for them. “They” just may not have showed up to get it. 
As a landlord, I see this happen from time to time. It’s usually a mattress but I had an old shitty Camaro left behind once. We sold it for $3500 so it wouldn’t shock me at all if OP wasn’t pulling the same shit here. It’s amazing what people will do. 
Pic of this, reassembled, with actual PROOF you built and own this or you are dangerously close to conspiracy to commit negligible property abandonment. If you were in California, you’d be liable for the cost of 3 months of storage and the removal. 
' ' · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 461
JSchultz wrote: @Ziggy...
TLDR, but I did skim enough of it to see it was a troll. That musta took hours to dream up. Thank you for your time. NOW GET BACK UNDER YOUR BRIDGE you pathetic trol-loser.
Just kidding bro, dont get all butt hurt on the interwebs. Thanks for looking.

This is the thanks I get for a courtesy bump, a question and some thoughtful suggestions!?  Don’t bro me if you don’t know me jSchultz, or else you might get troll rolled with your own iron folly ya putz. 

Will Slocum · · Portland, OR · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 0

I check this thread daily for my entertainment. Thank you everyone. That is all, carry on. 

Reformed Troll · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2019 · Points: 0
Old Me:  I approve of this thread

New Me: I approve of this thread
Insert name · · Harts Location · Joined Dec 2011 · Points: 46

I could pay a union crew in NYC to build this and it would still cost less.

What is the artistic part about this? If you wanted to waste a lot of money on a turd, you could have just ate at a 5 star restaurant in a foreign country and picked it out of the airplane toilet. 

Insert name wrote:you could have just ate at a 5 star restaurant in a foreign country and picked it out of the airplane toilet. 

That's a good idea. I hear there's a great sushi place in Japan.

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started