Mountain Project Logo

WTB: Climbing shoes size 39.5-40

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
EJ Flynnstones · · Boston, MA · Joined Dec 2018 · Points: 0

Looking for climbing shoes to buy that are size 39.5-40. Specifically, aggressive shoes (ex: miura, vsr)

Gunkiemike · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 3,492

The size if these is comparable to my 39.5 Miuras:
https://www.mountainproject.com/forum/topic/117825498/fs-otakis-mens-405-exc-condition-85

Bryce L · · Atlanta, GA · Joined Jan 2019 · Points: 72
Gunkiemike wrote: The size if these is comparable to my 39.5 Miuras:
https://www.mountainproject.com/forum/topic/117825498/fs-otakis-mens-405-exc-condition-85

While Miuras run large Otakis do not fit the same, especially when broken in and stretched out. 

Bryce L wrote:

While Miuras run large Otakis do not fit the same, especially when broken in and stretched out. 

Of course they don't fit the same - very different shapes. My point was that if OP knows he wears a 39.5 Miura, he might want to consider other models somewhat outside his stated range.  Evolvs run especially small; I doubt he'd fit into the Evolv equivalent of a 39.5 (I certainly couldn't).

Bryce L · · Atlanta, GA · Joined Jan 2019 · Points: 72
Gunkiemike wrote:

Of course they don't fit the same - very different shapes. My point was that if OP knows he wears a 39.5 Miura, he might want to consider other models somewhat outside his stated range.  Evolvs run especially small; I doubt he'd fit into the Evolv equivalent of a 39.5 (I certainly couldn't).

Fit as in the length: Otakis in a 40.5 is larger than a 39.5 Miura and not in their size range, which is why I question your suggestion to buy your Otakis. (Although we both know why.)

Donovan Allen · · Soft Lake City · Joined May 2012 · Points: 356

I’ve got a pair of men’s hiangles 7.5 and 7.5 black wings. Brand new. 

Joe M · · MA and NH · Joined Dec 2008 · Points: 11,725

I have a used pair of 40.5 Miuras that need laces that still have some rubber left in them. Would be willing to part with them for $20 plus shipping...

B Hiner · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2011 · Points: 0

I have a pair of Miura VS (38.5 new with tags) if you’re interested. Thanks

Miura lace, size 40, 40% wear on Resole + rand job. But they smell (you've been warned!) $30 + shpg. Awesome edging shoes.

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started