Mountain Project Logo

Speed record on cannon!!

Original Post
T C · · Bozeman, MT · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 1,066

Anybody know the current speed record times for Whitney Gilman and Moby Grape? Also the style they did it in?

beensandbagged · · smallest state · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 0

Does anybody care??

lucander · · Stone Ridge, NY · Joined Apr 2009 · Points: 260

I know Whitney G got solo-d car to car in under an hour, car to car.  It was by a regular dude in grad school, so I'm sure some legit mountain athlete has it down much faster.

I F wrote: I hope beensandbagged gets diarrhea for shitting on your stoke Tagg C

Ha, only slow people don’t care. I posted a 14 minute base to top just wondering if that’s note worthy or not.

sara pax · · western mass · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 2,436

Car to car is the real thing...

Someone knows the official time, but I think Moby Grape was done in like 48 minutes car to car by zeb engberg.

The real prize though is the clip-iddy do dah car to car challenge. Get on that!

Fan Y · · Bishop · Joined Jun 2011 · Points: 878
Tagg C wrote:

Ha, only slow people don’t care. I posted a 14 minute base to top just wondering if that’s note worthy or not.

Lol no. 

If you haven't done VMC DD or labyrinth wall, try my challenge: VMC DD + labyrinth wall onsight 9hrs car to car. The beauty of this challenge is you get one shot! Let me know if you break it; I'd buy you dinner. That's the extend to which I care though haha! 

sara pax wrote: https://fastestknowntime.com/route/cannon-cliff-whitney-gilman-ridge-nh

This is the only public record  I can find in a very quick, un-thorough search. Which is pretty slow in my opinion (and clearly wrong if lucander did it sub 1 hour. I did it in 2 hours a couple years back, onsight, and I definitely took a leisurely pace up to the base and got confused a couple times on the route. Never went back because honestly I felt like the whole route was going to fall off the whole time.

I'd personally be psyched to see someone compile some northeast scrambling/climbing fkts. Maybe strava has records of some?

Thanks for the info

Fan Yang wrote:

Lol no. 

But climbing some 10+ and a 11 is ;)

Russ Keane · · Salt Lake · Joined Feb 2013 · Points: 392

14 min on which route?

Tagg C wrote:

But climbing some 10+ and a 11 is ;)

Lol kid alrighty, WG has been done in every way possible, including sub-10 min solos multiple times years ago...I wouldn't be surprised if someone has climbed up and back down in 10 min and not said a thing, because like most think - nobody cares...

And try the challenge before getting too cocky about it - they are "only" Cannon 10+/11's but like i said, you get one shot. I've done 14- trad but I have big respect for Cannon 5.11 hehehe... Don't forget your logistics for getting back down after each route. It's part of the OS challenge. 

Fan Yang wrote:

Lol kid alrighty, WG has been done in every way possible, including sub-10 min solos multiple times years ago...I wouldn't be surprised if someone has climbed up and back down in 10 min...

And try the challenge before getting too cocky about it - they are "only" Cannon 10+/11's but like i said, you get one shot. I've done 14- trad but I have big respect for Cannon 5.11 hehehe... Don't forget your logistics for getting back down after each route. It's part of the OS challenge. 

Ya keep spraying me down about the hard trad you have done, PLEASE, you're sooooo cooooool. 

But in all seriousness that sounds pretty rad. 
Russ Keane wrote: 14 min on which route?

WG, so not actual cool

lucander · · Stone Ridge, NY · Joined Apr 2009 · Points: 260
sara pax This is the only public record  I can find in a very quick, un-thorough search. Which is pretty slow in my opinion (and clearly wrong if lucander did it sub 1 hour).

I ain’t as good as I once was, but I was never that good. That person def ain’t me, but I know him and absolutely trust his claim. 
HBTHREE · · ma · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 30

I'd pay money to watch a couple dudes simul mg starting at 10am on a Saturday, rap the route and then go do the wg. Leap frogging parties of 6 left and right. The expression on faces as you bump the que and just start climbing at the base would be a frickin riot.

HBTHREE · · ma · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 30

Guys we're going for the record here.

Eric Engberg · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2009 · Points: 0
sara pax wrote: Car to car is the real thing...

Someone knows the official time, but I think Moby Grape was done in like 48 minutes car to car by zeb engberg.

The real prize though is the clip-iddy do dah car to car challenge. Get on that!

Pretty much right on with Zeb's time but his  ( year old) nephew (Zane) is getting close on the CIDD  FKT

Ron Birk · · Boston, MA · Joined Sep 2009 · Points: 4,263
sara pax wrote:  Maybe strava has records of some?

Don't use or trust Strava as they are known to shave off minutes on any activity they don't think you are going fast enough. Meaning the activity will likely shave off a major part of the ascend... Their algorithm think it's gps hiccup and they subtract that time. Very annoying. 

Nick Goldsmith · · Pomfret VT · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 440

M G ctc records  are  always  free  solos . No Simo  climbing  involved.   The  super  impressive  part is not the  climbing  it's the  trail  running.  Takes me  45 minutes  just to get to the  base  of that  thing.   Tim  was  doing the  climbing in about  20min  but  having to really  work on  getting the  sub 1hr time.. 

Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,610
Nick Goldsmith · · Pomfret VT · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 440

Tradiban is stupid and dangerous. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northeastern States
Post a Reply to "Speed record on cannon!!"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started