Mountain Project Logo

Stolen truck- all my climbing gear

Original Post
Jason Denley · · CO, AK · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 95

Hey guys. My truck was stolen in the summerlin area with two double rack two pairs of tc pros 7 ropes among maannny other things. We were prepping for our advanced rock guide course .Most all the cams have a little blue fingernail polish on the stem. If you head anyone trying to sell these things please notify me immediately. 9012778879

Perry Norris · · Truckee, CA · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 45

I think it's sort of funny you don't mention the truck's description.

EFS · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 160

maybe because its a climbing site, and not a truck site????  just a guess......

Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,610

7 ropes?!

You took pics for your insurance, right?

Kevin Heckeler · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Jul 2010 · Points: 1,616

Jason, good luck getting your things back.  It's unfortunate this ever has to happen.

On a somewhat related note -- I'm going to remove my couple outdoors related stickers from the back of the car.  No sense advertising my outdoorsiness to potential thieves.  Wouldn't take long for them to recognize which vehicles have the best potential for booty inside.  These fucking stickers are nothing more than a "come and get it" beacon. [this may not have anything to do with Jason's situation.  With recent reports of breakins I figure I'm not helping remain anonymous by basically advertising I'm not]

Marc801 C · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 65
Kevin Heckeler wrote: On a somewhat related note -- I'm going to remove my couple outdoors related stickers from the back of the car.  No sense advertising my outdoorsiness to potential thieves.  Wouldn't take long for them to recognize which vehicles have the best potential for booty inside.  These fucking stickers are nothing more than a "come and get it" beacon. [this may not have anything to do with Jason's situation.  With recent reports of breakins I figure I'm not helping remain anonymous by basically advertising I'm not]
While we're at it, stop leaving gear in your vehicle overnight.
Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,610
Kevin Heckeler wrote: Jason, good luck getting your things back.  It's unfortunate this ever has to happen.

On a somewhat related note -- I'm going to remove my couple outdoors related stickers from the back of the car.  No sense advertising my outdoorsiness to potential thieves.  Wouldn't take long for them to recognize which vehicles have the best potential for booty inside.  These fucking stickers are nothing more than a "come and get it" beacon. [this may not have anything to do with Jason's situation.  With recent reports of breakins I figure I'm not helping remain anonymous by basically advertising I'm not]

Especially in Vegas!

Marc801 C wrote: While we're at it, stop leaving gear in your vehicle overnight.

I think for people traveling and/or living out of their vans, it's not really any option.

Johanna Jones · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2011 · Points: 1,908
 I've replaced my outdoorsy stickers with thief deterrent stickers.
All joking aside, sorry for you loss. What a bummer.
Long Ranger · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 669
EFS wrote: maybe because its a climbing site, and not a truck site????  just a guess......

Well it's not just the gear that got stolen from the truck right? It was the truck itself.

M Mobley · · Bar Harbor, ME · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 911
Perry Norris wrote: I think it's sort of funny you don't mention the truck's description.

Truck description could possibly help fo sho

mediocre · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 0
Marc801 C wrote: While we're at it, stop leaving gear in your vehicle overnight.

Agreed. 

but you don’t have to be a dick about it.
EFS · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 160
Long Ranger wrote:

Well it's not just the gear that got stolen from the truck right? It was the truck itself.

correct, but the first comment was a guy finding it odd there was no truck description. no one here is going to be looking for stolen trucks, so it pretty much dosent really matter. people here would be scouring classifieds looking to buy climbing gear or seeing used gear for sale other places, hence posting the climbing gear that was stolen hoping someone would probably see this and make the connection.

EFS wrote:

correct, but the first comment was a guy finding it odd there was no truck description. no one here is going to be looking for stolen trucks, so it pretty much dosent really matter. people here would be scouring classifieds looking to buy climbing gear or seeing used gear for sale other places, hence posting the climbing gear that was stolen hoping someone would probably see this and make the connection.

So the fact that a fellow climber may have seen and even talked with the thieves doesn't matter? If it happened who knows, maybe someone saw the whole thing go down and knows what they were driving to get there... So many connections to make, so little info.

abe r · · Boise, ID · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 180
Long Ranger wrote:

That does seem secondary doesnt it?

Desert Rock Sports · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Aug 2019 · Points: 2

They got the truck back, but no gear. Keep an eye out!

johanna Protheroe wrote:
 I've replaced my outdoorsy stickers with thief deterrent stickers.

Haha  A lumberjack with some badgers and a bear would work as well.

Big B · · Reno, NV · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 1
EFS wrote:

correct, but the first comment was a guy finding it odd there was no truck description. no one here is going to be looking for stolen trucks, so it pretty much dosent really matter. people here would be scouring classifieds looking to buy climbing gear or seeing used gear for sale other places, hence posting the climbing gear that was stolen hoping someone would probably see this and make the connection.

I live in summerlin, have a habit of looking at other vehicles that are climber/mtb/outdoors related...and could've possibly spotted the truck , IF there was a description...so

Jason Denley · · CO, AK · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 95

My truck was a tundra. I'm looking for the gear and not ur smarts ass responses that are not helpful go f urself. my life was just stolen and thats ur response? Thank u to those who were helpful. Just asking for you to keep an eye out as I would do for you if your things were stolen. 

Jeff G · · Colorado · Joined Feb 2006 · Points: 1,098

That sucks.  Sorry man.  
We should all keep a look out if we see gear being offered up for sale.  Seems like a small request from the OP.
Hope you get it back or replaced somehow.

This post violated Guideline #1 and has been removed.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Nevada
Post a Reply to "Stolen truck- all my climbing gear"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started