Mountain Project Logo

Looking for Volunteers for Flatirons Trail Projects for Saturday, November 2

Original Post
Flatirons Climbing Council · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 57

event rescheduled for Saturday November 2

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/reelrock-14-stewardship-event-overhang-rock-trail-project-november-2-tickets-78006460423

Dell Bleekman · · Boulder · Joined Jun 2011 · Points: 0

I may be mistaken, but I believe Reel Rock 14 is at the Boulder Theater in October, not November (10/17 & 10/18). I'm clarifying to ensure this FCC trail work will take place in November, not in October. Thanks much.

Dell Bleekman wrote: I may be mistaken, but I believe Reel Rock 14 is at the Boulder Theater in October, not November (10/17 & 10/18). I'm clarifying to ensure this FCC trail work will take place in November, not in October. Thanks much.

Thanks, it has been corrected to reflect the October dates

Still looking for volunteers for these two trail projects in the Flatirons.

For anyone that is a frequent climber of the Third Flatirons you see can the impact that climbing stewardship has had in upgrading the approach trail in the past years, now we are also looking to upgrade the descent trail off the Third.  On Overhang Rock we are looking to re-establish an approach trail to the crag from Bear Canyon as Xcel Energy work in the area has significantly impacted the landscape below the crag.  This is a great Fall early Winter  climbing destination and with all the recent route additions it is expected to get far more traffic in coming years.

We will provide lunch and there will be free gear from our sponsors.  We also expect some professional climbers to join us during the day

Need volunteers!!!

Rui Ferreira · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2003 · Points: 903

FCC is still looking for more volunteers for these two trail projects

Dell Bleekman · · Boulder · Joined Jun 2011 · Points: 0

Hi Rui -

I believe we (my 12-year old son and I) met you last summer on an FCC-sponsored trail day, working the approach to the harder routes on the south side of Seal Rock. He's now 13 and fairly responsible. Is there an age limit for volunteering? We would both be in attendance. Thanks, Dell.

Long Ranger · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 619

I'll be coming out to help!

Rui Ferreira · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2003 · Points: 903

Dell,

OSMP has requested that there not be any minors without parent or guardian supervision. There is no age restriction so we leave it up to the parent for what is feasible

Thanks

Alex R · · Golden · Joined May 2015 · Points: 227

Anyone want to carpool from Golden?

Tucker Stone · · Lafayette, CO · Joined Jul 2019 · Points: 0
Tony B wrote: So... How'd it go?
Before/After pictures?
Project complete?
More to do and need more help?

It was cancelled due to the High winds warning unfortunately. At least the Overhang Rock project was.

Long Ranger · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 619

Third was cancelled too. Actually pretty windy if you weren't in a protected area.

We are in the process of rescheduling Overhang Rock for Saturday, November 2.

Unfortunately we will not be able to hold the volunteer event for the Third Flatiron descent trail.  That work continues with the Front Range Climbing Stewards (BCC).

The sign-up for the rescheduled Overhang Rock project is up and live

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/reelrock-14-stewardship-event-overhang-rock-trail-project-november-2-tickets-78006460423

We are looking for 4 to 6 volunteers for this coming Wednesday, October 30 to help prepare the project site for the weekend event.

In case you are available please sign-up on the Evenbrite page

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/flatirons-overhang-rock-trail-project-tickets-78649184829

We are also looking for volunteers for the actual trail project on Saturday, November 2.  Please sign-up  

Thanks for volunteering

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "Looking for Volunteers for Flatirons Trail Proj…"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.