Mountain Project Logo

El Chorro Sept -April

Original Post
richard aiken · · El Chorro Spain · Joined Nov 2008 · Points: 20

I live in EC and will be in and out of here until about April. Always looking for partners. Up to 6b+ or so (grades are soft here!)
I have ropes and all sport gear. No good trad here yet (but I am trying to get government permission to but up a bunch of trad routes)
I always have a rental car.
Happy to help with travel info and local beta
For groups, I rent out one of my houses (sleeps 6-10, luxurious, I give lower rates to climbers if you contact me directly)

Hans Christian Jensen · · Aalborg, DK · Joined Sep 2019 · Points: 0

Hey man. Would you be down to climb from the 26th of november to 5th of december :)+

David Vizcaino · · Summit County, CO · Joined May 2014 · Points: 0

Following! I’ll be in the area with full sport and trad rack! 

David Vizcaino · · Summit County, CO · Joined May 2014 · Points: 0

Since you’re familiar with the climbing, what kind of rope is most useful? Single or half? 60, 70 or 80m? 

Thanks for any help!

Hans-yes
David-70 is needed for lots of routes, 80 for some. You can stick with climbs under 30 m but you will miss a lot of great routes. So, if you have an 80, bring it but if you only have a 70, you can get by with it. ropes are really cheap here-100-120 euros for a good 70m rope
  Single is good, not much traversing so doubles are not needed.
Forget the trad rack-there is very little trad and I've been told it is nothing special. EC is for sport climbing!

Hans Christian Jensen · · Aalborg, DK · Joined Sep 2019 · Points: 0

dm'd you

Miller Scott · · McGregor, TX · Joined Jan 2018 · Points: 57

Richard! I'll be in the area sometime around the 19th-27th and would love to get some climbing in. Shoot me an email at Mscott254@gmail.com if you're interested!

I prob have two partners for the 27th and you can join us. I won't be available until that date

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Extended Trips and International Partners
Post a Reply to "El Chorro Sept -April"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started