Mountain Project Logo

New to Tucson!

Original Post
Ben Zito · · Brooklyn, NY · Joined May 2016 · Points: 15

Hey there! Just moved to Tucson from Brooklyn, Ny and I’m very stoked to get on some western rock! Would love to find rad folks who would wanna climb Mt. Lemmon and other spots nearby on the weekends. I have a rack and rope and climb in the 5.10 range. I’m also very into projecting and belaying friends on their projects.
Hope to see ya at the crag!
Ben

Kemper Brightman · · The Old Pueblo, AZ · Joined Dec 2011 · Points: 2,971
  • Hey Ben, im no longer living in Tucson, but am from there and always trying to get back. Check out the Facebook group 'Tucson Rock Climbers' for partners, and swing by Rocks and Ropes to meet people in person. Tucson has an incredibly open climbing community, and I have no doubt you'll find your place there. In case you're wondering there's literally lifetimes worth of climbing in Southern Arizona alone... come to think of it, I bet there's more routes within an hour and a half of Tucson than in the whole state of New York...
Nick Hanson · · Boone, NC · Joined Mar 2019 · Points: 10

Hey man what’s goin on, I’m from the Boston area living just south of Tucson. I have Ben trying to find someone to climb with. Shoot me over a text 1(603)475-7328

Robbie Mackley · · Tucson, AZ · Joined May 2010 · Points: 85

Always open to climbing with new partners. Either of you guys feel free to hit me up. (520)2036357

David Bennett · · Tucson, AZ · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 0

Hey Ben, I'm around Tucson this fall/winter and am free most days. Let me know if you want to get out and climb. 

Ally Mitchell · · Tucson, AZ · Joined Sep 2018 · Points: 0

Hey, echoing what was said above but I would love to get out! I'm slowly and nervously getting into lead (mostly sticking to moderates) but am eager to learn and happy to belay on whatever. Shoot me a message!

David Bennett · · Tucson, AZ · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 0

Anyone trying to get out Monday (9/23)? 

Kief Manning · · Elgin, AZ · Joined Dec 2017 · Points: 0

David I am down for the 23rd or any other.  I got weird hours. 4802067122

Ben Zito · · Brooklyn, NY · Joined May 2016 · Points: 15

Thanks for replying y’all! I’m gonna be looking to climb next weekend and I’ll be touch! If someone is trying to partner up shoot me a text! 727 744 7792.
Usually weekends are best but I might have weekdays every once in a while. Stoked to get to know the area and climb!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Arizona & New Mexico
Post a Reply to "New to Tucson!"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started