Mountain Project Logo

Looking for Tahquitz / Suicide partners for weekday climbing

Original Post
Alex Jacques · · Idyllwild, CA · Joined Dec 2011 · Points: 275

Hey guys, I just moved to Idyllwild last month, I’m looking for weekday partners but weekends are ok too. I’m an ER doctor and so very safety conscious and have a great schedule.

-Alex

River P · · California · Joined Apr 2019 · Points: 20
  • I'm free the 19th and 20th if you want to climb those days. I know it's a ways out but let me know. I've spent the last month and a half at tahquitz. Love it. Led first trad 5.8 last week on coffin nail/traitor horn. Hoping to crack 5.9 in the next month and get on flower, open book, and whodunit. Down to follow 5.10s if you're leading it.
Daniel Schmaltz · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 105

Currently have some weekdays free. How bout next week sometime? Just moved to SoCal from the east coast and am psyched to explore Tahquitz.

Dan

JohnReg · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 10

I can climb Tahquitz tomorrow, Friday, if anyone is available.

Nic Risser · · San Francisco, CA · Joined Nov 2011 · Points: 0

Heading up to Idy Tuesday morning (sept 10th) and staying til fri or sat.  Looking to get on Insomnia, Vampire, as well as some slab routes and some high mileage/easier days as well.  Lemme know if you’d like to meet up sometime.  

Thanks,
Nic

Mark A · · Golden, CO · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 96

Dates: 9/22-9/24

Hi I'm basically going through and spamming people who posted in SoCal partners seeing if anyone would want to go. I'm going on a vacation to Disneyland with my family and I have a whole day to go climbing somewhere so Tahquitz seemed the most like what I'd like to do. It seems likely that most people would be free on the weekend but any of those days would work for me. I'm happy to bring a full set of gear or less depending one who I can find for a partner.

As for me I'm coming from Colorado, climbing Eldorado Canyon, Clear Creek and more recently some alpine climbing up to 5.9 in trad very comfortably (not really pushing grades). I was thinking of something like Long Climb ( mountainproject.com/route/1…) or Whodunit ( mountainproject.com/route/1…) but open to other ideas. Multipitch trad would be my preference but I don't know the area at all so I can be swayed

Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,610
Mark A wrote: Hi I'm basically going through and spamming people who posted in SoCal partners seeing if anyone would want to go. I'm going on a vacation to Disneyland with my family and I have a whole day to go climbing somewhere so Tahquitz seemed the most like what I'd like to do. It seems likely that most people would be free on the weekend but any of those days would work for me. I'm happy to bring a full set of gear or less depending one who I can find for a partner.

As for me I'm coming from Colorado, climbing Eldorado Canyon, Clear Creek and more recently some alpine climbing up to 5.9 in trad very comfortably (not really pushing grades). I was thinking of something like Long Climb ( mountainproject.com/route/1…) or Whodunit ( mountainproject.com/route/1…) but open to other ideas. Multipitch trad would be my preference but I don't know the area at all so I can be swayed

What day you wanna go?

Mark A · · Golden, CO · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 96
Tradiban wrote:

What day you wanna go?

Whoops, I copied that from the contact email I sent a few people...the subject had the dates, sorry.  Fixed.

Daniel Schmaltz · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 105

Looking for a wed. 9/11 partner this week for tahquitz. Lead 5.10- trad but new to the area so looking to get on some of the easier classics. PM me if you're available to meet up.

Dan Richards · · Apple Valley CA · Joined Mar 2011 · Points: 5

It looks like tomorrow, Tuesday 9/10 will have the coolest temps for the week. I’m down for some moderate routes if anyone wants to join me. I have plenty of gear and rope. Text me if interested
Dan
(714)310-0493

James Robertson · · Idyllwild, Ca. · Joined Nov 2018 · Points: 0
Daniel S wrote: Looking for a wed. 9/11 partner this week for tahquitz. Lead 5.10- trad but new to the area so looking to get on some of the easier classics. PM me if you're available to meet up.

I live in Idyllwild and would love to follow a moderate on tahquitz, let me know.  951-310-0450 (Jim)

James Robertson · · Idyllwild, Ca. · Joined Nov 2018 · Points: 0
Alex Jacques wrote: Hey guys, I just moved to Idyllwild last month, I’m looking for weekday partners but weekends are ok too. I’m an ER doctor and so very safety conscious and have a great schedule.

-Alex

I live in Idyllwild and would love to follow a moderate on tahquitz, let me know.  951-310-0450 (Jim) .  I can lead other stuff too.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern California Partners
Post a Reply to "Looking for Tahquitz / Suicide partners for wee…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started