Mountain Project Logo

FT88 AT Binding with Nepal Evo?

Original Post
William B · · Longmont, CO · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 1

I have a pair of old FT88's that I am thinking about using on an approach ski with my Nepal Evos to prevent boot changes. I know it can be done but my question lies in whether it should be done?

Are there any reasons to skip over the bindings I already have and invest in something else? Would my retired Tele setup (Voile VPII bindings) work even though the Evos do not have a bellow?

For clarification: I do not intend to intentionally downhill ski in the Evos, I would just be using them for approach to avoid changing boots in the cold.

-Will

Forthright · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2011 · Points: 110

Yer (definitely) gunna die = all alpine climbing boots in any sort of ski binding

But it can and will continue to be done from old stuff like the FT88's to newer Fritschi Eagle and Freeride bindings

LL Biner · · Reno, NV · Joined Mar 2014 · Points: 0

If you go to ebay, under winter sports, punch in" US military ski bindings", you'll come up with some old Ramer cable bindings.
These will work for you.

Graham Johnson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2006 · Points: 0

I used Ft88’s in trango extremes and kayland m11+’s for a while.worked fine. Heavier but I thought they worked better than my silverettas. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "FT88 AT Binding with Nepal Evo?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started