Mountain Project Logo

Lost Arcteryx harness and rack at Dozier Dome pullout

Original Post
Josh Kalven · · San Francisco, CA · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

Left my green Arcteryx harness with a full rack on it (*facepalm* ... *dry heave*) beside the Dozier Dome pullout in Tuolumne. Desperate to get it back. Will pay a substantial reward if you found it. 

Matt N · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2010 · Points: 415

Dang.
Maybe try shooting an email, asking to be in touch with the TM reservation office yose_campgrounds@nps.gov and hope that someone turned it in to them/rangers/SAR.

Thanks. Plan is to reach out to the visitor center and wilderness office when they open on Tues.

Ryan Borys · · The West · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 81

That’s a bummer, but on the bright side you made someone’s year! I bet next time you’ll notice the space and weight difference in your pack. Good luck! 

Harness and gear was apparently picked up by a 20-something guy named Saylor (sp?) from Long Beach. Told his Monday climbing partner that he was going to make a good-faith effort to get it back to me (that partner didn't have his contact info).  But he's probably still in Tuolumne without service and I'm unable to get back up there. If anyone sees a note from him on any of the message boards up there, please relay it. Fingers crossed. 

budman · · Moab,UT · Joined Mar 2008 · Points: 11

Hi Josh!  Met Saylor through a climbing partner from the Bay area just a few weeks ago.  Send me your cell number or whatever and I'll pass it along.

Thank you! Just sent you a direct message.

budman · · Moab,UT · Joined Mar 2008 · Points: 11

Sent your info along!  Saylor seems like a good kid just wanting to climb and live the life.  Might take a few days, hope you hear from him soon.

Potter Wonderland · · Planet Earth · Joined Apr 2019 · Points: 1,967

Hey josh I got your gear:) got your notef from micheal!

A HUGE thank you to Mad Hatter for being a stand-up guy (not to mention the other folks who helped me connect with him). My kit is safe and sound and on its way back home. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Lost and Found
Post a Reply to "Lost Arcteryx harness and rack at Dozier Dome p…"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.