Mountain Project Logo

Yosemite and surrounding areas - places to work remotely

Original Post
Sean C · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2018 · Points: 0

Hey everyone,

Apologies in advance because I get the feeling that this has probably been discussed ad nauseum,  but I am either horrible at the search on this website and/or the search function just isn't the best.

Never been to Yosemite, but I would absolutely love to go this fall. I work remotely M-F 9-5 eastern time. Is there a place in or reasonably close to the park where I could work during the day for a week or two for an extended 'vacation'? To be clear: I'm not looking to dirtbag it for an extended period of time, just trying to finally get some time in Yose and want to milk as much time as I can.

And yeah I know, YGD and all that. Thanks.

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 276

Are you looking for a place with cell service or WiFi? A place you can sleep/work in your car? A place to rent for a week or two? What are you looking for, specifically?

John Clark · · Reno, NV · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 1,398

The problem in the valley is that internet is garbage during the day anywhere you go until the dead of winter. If you go up 120 (from the valley) to the Foresta turn off, there is decent cell service though if you can hotspot.

Kevin Buddin · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 5

Rush creek lodge or evergreen lodge are just outside the hwy 120 entrance and have great wifi

Sir Camsalot · · thankgodchickenhead, Ut · Joined Sep 2007 · Points: 201

Just spent a week in Camp 4 and the service sucks. So many people clogging up probably the only cell tower for miles meant no texts or internet access from about 7 am until 10 pm. Improved a bunch while everyone was sleeping. A couple of the lodges/hotels have wifi for guests which will probably be your best bet if not wanting to leave the park everyday.

Sorry should have been more clear: just looking for a place that has decent WiFi and won't mind someone using their WiFi all day (I intend to be a paying customer at the place. Be it coffee or a day pass or something).

Not necessarily looking for lodging recos, but if you have beta on a cheap hostel nearby or something, I'm all ears

Sir Camsalot · · thankgodchickenhead, Ut · Joined Sep 2007 · Points: 201
Sean C wrote: Sorry should have been more clear: just looking for a place that has decent WiFi and won't mind someone using their WiFi all day (I intend to be a paying customer at the place. Be it coffee or a day pass or something).

Not necessarily looking for lodging recos, but if you have beta on a cheap hostel nearby or something, I'm all ears

I tried that route too. No free or accessible wifi unless you're a hotel guest in the park. 

Fair enough. Might look into the lodges, then

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northern California
Post a Reply to "Yosemite and surrounding areas - places to work…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started