Mountain Project Logo

Denver things to do

Original Post
DanielHart · · Carpinteria ca · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 5

I’ll be in Denver this weekend to see one of my friends play Red Rocks. I’ll be solo I can’t climb due to a recent injury. Just looking for the right amount of trouble to get into Saturday/Sunday. Any recommendations? 

Exiled Michigander · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2018 · Points: 247

YUR. GUNNA. DIE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfSQOgu0ZJg​​​

Shawn Adrian wrote: YUR. GUNNA. DIE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfSQOgu0ZJg

That’s pretty old. I swear this place is now like a middle school where kids are just starting to cuss. Guess I’ll look elsewhere for good information 

curt86iroc · · Lakewood, CO · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 274

to be fair, you posted on a climbing forum asking for things to do not climbing related, and provided no direction for responses (do you have a car, does your injury preclude you from other outdoor adventures.). what did you expect?

caesar.salad · · earth · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 75

you could leave and go to a better town

Yes I’ll have a rental car. I used to think climbers were more like minded and helpful. Looks like we are all just assholes now. 

Jim T · · Colorado · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 469

You can indoor skydive in Lone Tree, drive to the top of Pikes Peak, take an Amtrak to Winter Park, hike at Eldo, mountain bike at Vail, whitewater raft in Fort Collins, tour the brewery in Golden, go to another show at Red Rocks, stroll the 16th Street Mall in Denver.

Greg D · · Here · Joined Apr 2006 · Points: 883

I think you are over reacting. Did you watch the video he linked?  There were tons of great suggestions for things to do around Denver.  You should thank him.

You could give a little more info to get a much better response. Where are you staying?  What are you into?  Food, drink, art, music, museums, weed, bowling, history, knee jerk reactions?  

Mike Lane · · AnCapistan · Joined Jan 2006 · Points: 880

Really hard to dial in without specific interests.
https://www.westword.com/
^^^Usually lists what's going on each weekend.
Most people like to hang out in LoHi or RiNo, walk around and people watch, grab a craft beer or ice cream cone. Get out of wherever you are by midnight because the environment degenerates after that.
Hit a dispensary if you haven't seen one.
Get a Elk steak at Buckhorn Exchange, or rattlesnake at The Fort next to Red Rocks.
Run people off the sidewalk with an electric scooter.
***Casa Bonita***, so you can say you've seen it. Worst food ever.

I’m wide open no reservations yet. Hell I just wanted to check some cool places out. Bars museums and the like. I actually had a stroke and I’m not able to use my upper body very well right now. I guess the tourists can put you on edge sometimes. 

Aleks Zebastian · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 175

climbing friend,

you are smoking it up your legal bluntstiks and eating funyuns

Brother Numsie wrote: Really hard to dial in without specific interests.
Most people like to hang out in LoHi or RiNo, walk around and people watch, grab a craft beer or ice cream cone. Get out of wherever you are by midnight because the environment degenerates after that.
Get a Elk steak at Buckhorn Exchange, or rattlesnake at The Fort next to Red Rocks.

Thanks that was exactly what I was looking for 

wendy weiss · · boulder, co · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 10

There's some nice hiking around Boulder, but it looks like it will be too hot. Maybe up around Brainard Lake though.

I have friends who live in Carpinteria. What a beautiful place. 

trailridge · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 20

Check out Shotgun Willie's. About the best place in denver.

Long Ranger · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 669
trailridge wrote: Check out Shotgun Willie's. About the best place in denver.

Correction: Shotgun Willies is technically (the best kind of correct!) in Glendale.

wendy weiss wrote:
There's some nice hiking around Boulder, but it looks like it will be too hot. Maybe up around Brainard Lake though.

I have friends who live in Carpinteria. What a beautiful place. 

Indeed it is. I can walk to the ocean or into the mountains from my house not too many places you can do that. If you’re in town and want to get out and climb let me know. 

Fat Dad · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 60

This is a few years old but worth checking out: https://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/25/travel/what-to-do-in-denver.html

This is from just last year: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/15/travel/what-to-do-in-denver.html

Enjoy. I never got to see much when I visited in the past because I’d go to visit my parents after my dad moved there for work.  Now that they’ve retired and returned to Cali I’ve lost my excuse to travel there.

Long Ranger · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 669

This is a few years old now, but will give you an idea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_fWFNtolj0

Nick Spitznagle · · Denver, Co · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 128
Brother Numsie wrote: Really hard to dial in without specific interests.

Second for buckhorn exchange even if just for a drink. It's like a museum!

Easy Cheese · · Denver, CO · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 0

~Buy some comics and peruse the used books at Mutiny on Broadway
~Get a donut at City Donut on Colfax
~Sputnik!
~See a show at the Hi Dive
~Rent a *real* scooter (not the shitty scooters) at the scooter place on Broadway
~My Brothers Bar
~Super Mega Bien for asian mexican fusion dim sum
~Gozo for great cocktails and wood fired pizza
~ Run laps in Wash Park and oogle at the hot city dewellers in their short shorts (also marvel at the lack of geese since the great geese quelling of 2019)
~Buy some aforementioned goose meat and cook it up ( denverpost.com/2019/07/19/w…)
~Go to the giant dog "off leash area" aka the biggest dog park ever with a creek running through it at Cherry Creek State Park
~Renegade Brewing (best beer IMO)
~Crazy Mountain has a great patio
~Hipster coffee and good food at Crema
~Cool street art in Rino
~Food trucks and the best patio at Finns Manor
~Great mediterranean food with a killer view at El Five
~Check out the Grizzly Rose, for a show or just some line dancing
~Run or hike the 6mi loop around Green Mtn (10000 prairie dogs and sometimes a herd of elk)
~Euchre tourney every Monday night at Joyride
~Take a light bondage class at Studio Friction
~See a Rockies game
~Check out some of the holes-in-the-walls on Federal (el sampa, lao wang noodle house)
~Pho / authentic Vietnamese (new saigon, Vinh Xuong Bakery)
~fly fishing if you can get out of the city or in Boulder along Boulder Creek
~do any of the above after smoking a fatty pre-rolled joint from a dispensary with the thought in your mind about how you can walk into a store and but a beautiful fat pre-rolled joint of fantastic weed, ah what a time to be alive 

Awesome thanks for all the solid suggestions. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "Denver things to do"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started