Mountain Project Logo

Cheers Tradiban

Original Post
Le Soliste Drunkiste · · Paris, but they kicked me out · Joined Aug 2019 · Points: 0

Bonjour mi fellow escaladores,

I am posting to relate a fun tale and give due praise to the King of Tahquitz. A month ago I found myself rope soloing Whodunit, exiled to America as I am no longer welcome in my homeland. The whole time I overheard banter among the clusterage on White Maiden's, but I could not see the climbers. Upon reaching the summit, I was initially disheartened to spy a can of American beer, how you say PBR? Must mean pisse boite repugnant... Anyway, I thought that either I would be sharing the summit with fellow inebriates, or that one of them had left garbage for me to carry down. En France, the only garbage we leave behind is cigarette butts, and we remove all else. I decided to see if the last sip of warm beer was left for me, but upon reaching the can it was fully sealed! And cold! I could not believe my fortune. Being solo, I had neglected to bring my usual 3 bottles of wine for the summit celebration. Suspecting the king of the rock was behind my luck, I quickly confirmed my gift was of royal provenance by calling the Tradiban hotline. In that moment on the summit, after rope soloing 300 m, I knew the joy of sharing the summit with a fellow climber. I overlooked all the insults and jabs that Tradiban throws. I realized that behind every username here, there is a person. And they probably are ok. Do not run from thinking, do not run from reevaluating your ideas! Life is to learn and experience! Have gratitude for those that help you question yourself! This is a place for thinking and discussion and learning and growth! We do not need to turn to the insults for growth, we will be patient and open with each other!

Cheers,
LSD

DionAkers · · San Diego · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 0

Umm... Was this June 21?! I did a linkup of the Trough and WMW that day, while watching someone rope-solo Whodunit, and was passed by a "Solo Beer Fairy" (Nick?) who gave me and my partner PBRs as he passed us. We then chatted at the summit with a foreigner who thought it was litter. WTH?! Was that us? Was that Tradiban?! Super cool.

master gumby · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 262
  • Legend Intensifies*
NegativeK · · Nevada · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 40

Is his behavior here, then, an attempt to karmically balance out his awesomeness in person?

Cole Darby · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 166
NegativeK wrote: Is his behavior here, then, an attempt to karmically balance out his awesomeness in person?

I think that’s exactly it. I’ve heard nothing but good things from people who have encountered him in the wild. That person sounds like a good dude. So if you contrast that with the online persona of Tradiban he probably ends up neutral? on this karmic balance thing you speak of.

Greg Davis · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 10

He's definitely the same person in both places just different topics being discussed. I never got my summit drinks so I need more data on his johnny applebeer status. 

x15x15 · · Use Ignore Button · Joined Mar 2009 · Points: 275
DionAkers wrote: Umm... Was this June 21?! I did a linkup of the Trough and WMW that day, while watching someone rope-solo Whodunit, and was passed by a "Solo Beer Fairy" (Nick?) who gave me and my partner PBRs as he passed us. We then chatted at the summit with a foreigner who thought it was litter. WTH?! Was that us? Was that Tradiban?! Super cool.

You do NOT know Tradiban's name. He is anonymous!!! Maybe it does rhyme with Nick though...

x15x15 wrote:

You do NOT know Tradiban's name. He is anonymous!!! Maybe it does rhyme with Nick though...

Brick, Chick, Tick, Dick, Slick!?!?!?! the suspense is killing me..... 

Greg Davis · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 10

Sick streets

Randy · · Lassitude 33 · Joined Jan 2002 · Points: 1,279

Cheers! Super Nice gesture.

But, to score real points, maybe a good IPA?

M Mobley · · Bar Harbor, ME · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 911
Randy wrote: Cheers! Super Nice gesture.

But, to score real points, maybe a good IPA?

Plz dont hijack this thread with trendy beer snobbery. Plus if it any good its in a 20 dollar four pack.

Randy · · Lassitude 33 · Joined Jan 2002 · Points: 1,279
m Mobes wrote:

Plz dont hijack this thread with trendy beer snobbery.

I've never been accused of being Trendy. The spouse and I take our beer seriously, however.

And, how is it possible to "hijack" a Tradiban thread?
Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,610

Tradiban loves you...just not in "that" way.

Cheers.

apogee · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 0

"King of Tahquitz"

When did that coronation happen?

Sounds a lot like Idy's 'Mayor Max'. A nice big fluffy puppy for the tourons to pet, while the locals just roll their eyes.

apogee wrote: "King of Tahquitz"

Sounds a lot like Idy's 'Mayor Max'. A nice big fluffy puppy for the tourons to pet, while the locals just roll their eyes.

you have to admit its a damn cute golden retriever tho.

apogee · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 0

The owners, tho....notsomuch.

Kevin Schaffer · · Corvallis, Or · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 30
m Mobes wrote: Plus if it any good its in a 20 dollar four pack.

Wow... you need to drink beer out west....
Godzilla is okay but his fans are real idiots NAWMEAN · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2019 · Points: 0

Pizza Port does a pretty good beer, Swamis not bad.  

Greg, tell us more Tradiban stories!  We want a guide's perspective!

M Mobley · · Bar Harbor, ME · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 911
Kevin Schaffer wrote:
Wow... you need to drink beer out west....

Lucky lager is my go to, never pay more than a dollar a beer 

Hamish Hamish · · Fredericksburg, VA · Joined May 2017 · Points: 15

#wearetradiban

Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,610
apogee wrote: "King of Tahquitz"

Clearly the "community" has anointed me King of Tahquitz and in climbing we must always abide by the community's decisions. So let it be written, so let it be done.

Perhaps some day, if you are worthy, I will anoint you as my jester and you may dance for my amusement! 
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern California
Post a Reply to "Cheers Tradiban"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started