Mountain Project Logo

Looking for regular gym/outdoor partners stoked to go climbing - North Carolina

Original Post
Doug Emmett · · Richmond, Va · Joined Oct 2018 · Points: 0

I am on the constant search for folks who want to get out and get climbing.

My home gym is TRC in Morrisville, and I climb on a consistent basis, multiple times during the week, but almost always toprope or boldering. My belay partners are afraid to try leading so, I would like to find some folks to lead climb with indoors.

Beyond climbing indoors I would like to build relationships with dependable climbing folks who are interested in progressing in the sport. Outside I am interested in both sport and traditional climbing. However, it's usually the long multipitch routes that have me drooling on the route finder. I can generally travel within a reasonable distance of Raleigh on the weekends for trips. I am also down to do longer climbing trips that would require flying.

I consider myself a safe climbing partner (*I know everyone thinks this about themselves). I have experience with gear placement, cleaning, anchor building, and logistical planning for multipitch climbing. I am climbing 5.10 sport and 5.7-5.8ish on gear.

But wait, there's more... If purchased today at full value, I also come with a complete rack, rope, and snacks!

Feel free to post a reply or shoot me DM.
Best,
Doug

Tim Stafford · · Rock Hill, SC · Joined Aug 2019 · Points: 0

I'm PMing you Doug.  I'm a bit below you as far as route difficulty, but we might pair up good if you'd need a follower.  I've been developing the same attraction to the long multi-pitch climbs, and working on building out the trad rack.  Certainly can provide some gear if any gaps need filling or additional rope, etc.  I'd probably be comfortable following the level you'd lead at.

Tim Stafford wrote: I'm PMing you Doug.  I'm a bit below you as far as route difficulty, but we might pair up good if you'd need a follower.  I've been developing the same attraction to the long multi-pitch climbs, and working on building out the trad rack.  Certainly can provide some gear if any gaps need filling or additional rope, etc.  I'd probably be comfortable following the level you'd lead at.

Do you have any interest in heading to the mountains this weekend? I am thinking of shiprock or some stuff in linville gorge.

Tim Stafford wrote: I'm PMing you Doug.  I'm a bit below you as far as route difficulty, but we might pair up good if you'd need a follower.  I've been developing the same attraction to the long multi-pitch climbs, and working on building out the trad rack.  Certainly can provide some gear if any gaps need filling or additional rope, etc.  I'd probably be comfortable following the level you'd lead at.

I am not getting any private messages through MP. I would like to climb saturday for sure. I want to do some 5.7s and 5.8s, so you would be fine. I want to check out shiprock and Shortoff mountain in the Gorge, but I haven't decided which yet. 

Tim Stafford · · Rock Hill, SC · Joined Aug 2019 · Points: 0

Odd about the PMs- I have heard it's a common problem.  I am definitely interested in Saturday.  I can confirm either tonight or tomorrow but I am pretty sure that will work with my schedule.  I'm in the Charlotte area so we could meet up on your way out to save on gas if you'd like.  Feel free to email me at tim.s.2014@gmail so we can make plans.

Olivia Chandrasekhar · · Los Alamos, NM · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 0

Hi Doug and Tim,

Just moved to the state and am looking for partners! I am also interested in long traditional routes.

o.chandrasekhar wrote: Hi Doug and Tim,

Just moved to the state and am looking for partners! I am also interested in long traditional routes.

Hey welcome to North Carolina! I see you are in Chapel Hill. Do you have any interest in lead climbing at TRC? 

I may be headed to the mountains this weekend, if you are interested in joining. 
Wesley Ham · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2018 · Points: 0

Hey fellas, I'm game for a little multi pitch 

Wesley Ham · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2018 · Points: 0

I should be in the wnc area later this week and maybe next. Feel free to touch base anytime. 
Wesley 478.957.2495

Matt Dooda · · CARY, NC · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 0

I'm available anytime man.  Climbed with you once last year.  

Is anyone up for some climbing this weekend? I want to check out shiprock or Moore's wall.

Matt Dooda wrote: I'm available anytime man.  Climbed with you once last year.  

Can you send me your phone #? I cant find it in my phone.

Matt Dooda · · CARY, NC · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 0

Doug my number is 603 six74 33five 6 Matt D. Working this weekend.  

fettyWapcat · · north carolina · Joined Sep 2010 · Points: 0

I want in on this.
PM sent.

Rick Carpenter · · Marion, NC · Joined Aug 2010 · Points: 1,315

If you feel motivated to head up to the linville gorge area HMU

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

South Eastern States Partners
Post a Reply to "Looking for regular gym/outdoor partners stoked…"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.