Mountain Project Logo

City of Rocks July 14-16, say howdy!

Original Post
Old lady H · · Boise, ID · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 1,374

Taking a quick trip over to COR with friends, so I already have partners, but, if you're there, let me know if you'd like to say hello! Silver Honda is unmistakeable, once you see the stickers!

I'll also be at the Idaho Mountain Festival, which will be a blast! Look forward to meeting people. That's my new ticklist, these days!

Best, Helen

Cosmiccragsman AKA Dwain · · Las Vegas, Nevada and Apple… · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 146

Have you climbed on Elephant rock?

JMSullivan · · Gardiner, NY · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 0

Hi Helen,

My wife and I (guy with mustache) had climbed Private Idaho and were on Rollercoaster when you and your partners showed up to Bath Rock on Wednesday. We’re trying to track down a lost orange Grigri. Did you happen to find one at the base while you were over there?

(I got your MP info from one of the dudes on Colossus at Rock City yesterday.)

Old lady H · · Boise, ID · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 1,374
JMSullivan wrote: Hi Helen,

My wife and I (guy with mustache) had climbed Private Idaho and were on Rollercoaster when you and your partners showed up to Bath Rock on Wednesday. We’re trying to track down a lost orange Grigri. Did you happen to find one at the base while you were over there?

(I got your MP info from one of the dudes on Colossus at Rock City yesterday.)

Ah man, that sucks! We looked around pretty carefully. Did you ask at the visitor center? That's where I'd take something like that. They are very good at replying if you post on Facebook. Also, there is a City of Rocks climbing Facebook group you could post on.When we left, the tall guys were the only ones left. My guys actually bailed off Rollercoaster, sheesh. Booty long gone, I'm sure. If my ankle wasn't sprained I would have got it done for them, lol! We were all super tired and headed home shortly, though, and, I did have one of them drive for me. As is often the case, their regrets at not trying harder popped up as we went home. Have a good trip otherwise!

Best, Helen
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northern Utah & Idaho
Post a Reply to "City of Rocks July 14-16, say howdy!"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started