Mountain Project Logo

Forum Hall of Fame!

Bill Lawry · · Albuquerque, NM · Joined Apr 2006 · Points: 1,812

Another way to up the grade of your list might be to keep your list to only the top 5 or 10 or so longest,

F Loyd · · Kennewick, WA · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 808
ErikaNW · · Golden, CO · Joined Sep 2010 · Points: 410
Dirtbag Dre wrote: list edited

what the opinion on the boulder canyon human poo thread? worthy or not?

Not worthy. Too mean-spirited, not enough wit.

Flammable footwear - very worthy! (Apologies if it was already included).

https://www.mountainproject.com/forum/topic/107558163/looking-for-flammable-footwear
Bill Lawry · · Albuquerque, NM · Joined Apr 2006 · Points: 1,812
ErikaNW wrote:

Not worthy. Too mean-spirited, not enough wit.

Flammable footwear - very worthy! (Apologies if it was already included).

https://www.mountainproject.com/forum/topic/107558163/looking-for-flammable-footwear

Have not read the thread but the OP is clever. Worthy.

Dirtbag Dre · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 0

list has again been edited courtesy of Devin and Ryan and the rest of you all! Truly one of the greatest threads ever!

Patti Degner · · Boulder, CO · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 237
Old lady H · · Boise, ID · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 1,374

Sheer number of individual participants count for anything? 18 pages, not many repeats. Or was it too nice?

https://www.mountainproject.com/forum/topic/113534402/some-climbers-and-my-dog

H.

chris blatchley · · woodinville, wa · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 6

You can archive mountain project threads before they get deleted here:

https://archive.org/web/

or if you're script incline and have bash:

for page in $(seq 1 {PAGE_COUNT}); do curl web.archive.org/web/save/{MP_FORUM_URL}?page=$page; done
replace PAGE_COUNT with the number of pages and MP_FORUM_URL with the url of the first page.

I went ahead and did it for Devin Andretti responds in 2 seconds just to demonstrate:

https://web.archive.org/web/20190711211105/ mountainproject.com/forum/t…
Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,610
Chris Blatchley wrote: You can archive mountain project threads before they get deleted here:

https://archive.org/web/

or if you're script incline and have bash:

`for page in $(seq 1 10); do curl web.archive.org/web/save/?p…; done`

I went ahead and did it for Devin Andretti responds in 2 seconds just to demonstrate:

https://web.archive.org/web/20190711211105/ mountainproject.com/forum/t…

Lol, do you people really go back to relive troll threads?! 

chris blatchley · · woodinville, wa · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 6
Tradiban wrote:

Lol, do you people really go back to relive troll threads?! 

you don't?

they are your moments of glory
Brena Guerra wrote:

I had seen this awhile ago but didn’t feel the need to say anything until the recent comments on the “Just another guy” thread. 

messaged MP to delete my thread due to the idiot who looked me up and saw my public posts on my FB page about vaccines and decided to  use that against me, and then a bunch of other idiots started doing the exact same thing. Then my post was no longer about my original question. The idiots turned my post into a personal attack because I don’t vaccinate. And no matter how much I refused to engage in such topic because this forum is just not the place for that, but the idiots kept harassing me and mocking me. Not even in appropriate forums I was ever mocked the way I was here because I don’t vaccinate. If the idiots hadn’t turned my post into mocking me, harassing me over vaccines, I’d have not messaged MP to delete it. Then my original account was also deleted, then someone here emailed me telling me that someone made another thread exclusively just to mock me over my vaccine views. I have never seen that one. By the time I was back here, MP had already deleted that one on their own. I didn’t ask them to delete it. Unbelievable that someone would actually make another thread just to mock me over vaccines. Being so ridiculed over not vaccinating on a climbing website has been the most absurd thing ever. Not even the followers of Dr. Richard Pan were that disrespectful, much on the contrary. For those who don’t know who Dr. Richard Pan is, he is the senator who came up with the mandatory vaccination bill in California.

I went to his official FB page about 2 yrs ago and had a civil discussion with his followers on how wrong it was to mandate medical procedures, specially something that comes with inherent risks of serious injury and death, and for the most part, we had a civilized discussion. Only a lady privately messaged me insulting me. Another lady messaged me telling me I should be a layer lol
My argument was never whether people should vaccinate or not. My argument was solely about the inherent risks that come with vaccines and that every parent has the right to informed consent, which means to be fully aware of the risks so then they can make a conscious decision on which risks they are comfortable taking. My argument was about the government has no autonomy over our bodies or our children’s bodies and ultimately, the parents must decide that, NOT the government.
Interesting how on a page where about 10,000 people were for vaccines, most engaged in a civil discussion with me, while on a climbing website, people were mean, mocked me, made fun of me and even months later some idiots still bring that up. That must be because on FB everyone uses their real identity and everyone has pictures. While here most hide behind a screen name.

BTW, after the recent idiots who again have bullied me for my vaccine views, that made me wonder if I should just leave this site because that actually bothers me a lot, and if from time to time an idiot here is going to mock me over vaccines, I really don’t like that at all. But my whole life I have never lived my life in fear, and I’m planning to keep living that way.am acquainted with a lawyer, a very successful lawyer - I must say. I hadn’t talked to him for over a year, but I messaged him about what’s been going on on this site with me, and he told me if people here continue to harass me, I should screen shot everything, send to him and he will point out the direction I should go. But he also told me to message MP and make them aware of that, which I did. MP is fully aware that I have been harassed here over not vaccinating. BTW, when I first told him two years ago that I don’t vaccinate, he replied, “You are very smart for not vaccinating. I also hate vaccines”.I hope to never ever ever have to screen shot anything and send to him. I really would hate to have to do that. I should not be ridiculed, mocked, made fun of over not vaccinating, specially on a climbing web site. That has never happened to me before until that idiot decided to start doing that on here.Now if you guys want to keep making fun of me over my OP saying things like all I want is someone to carry all my gear up on Rainier, go ahead. You can make fun of that all you want. I could care less. But mocking me and ridiculing me over vaccines I am not going to put up with that. I have always stood up for myself, and I am going to keep doing that. Right now I have plenty of people who stand up for me, but up to my 21st birthday I had nobody to stand up for me at all. That has made me incredibly strong. I feel pretty invincible. There is only one human being on this planet who can break me. This person can literally snap a finger and crush me. The others, all they are doing, is to make me bulletproof.

Thanks for reading. 
Brena Guerra

You should really switch to decaf.

splitclimber · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2007 · Points: 18
Abram Herman · · Grand Junction, CO · Joined May 2009 · Points: 20
am acquainted with a lawyer, a very successful lawyer - I must say. I hadn’t talked to him for over a year, but I messaged him about what’s been going on on this site with me, and he told me if people here continue to harass me, I should screen shot everything, send to him and he will point out the direction I should go. [...]I hope to never ever ever have to screen shot anything and send to him.

I'm really curious to know what kind of successful lawyer thinks there's a legal recourse for people being mean on an Internet forum. Where can I find the case law regarding people saying mean things online?

Abram Herman wrote:

I'm really curious to know what kind of successful lawyer thinks there's a legal recourse for people being mean on an Internet forum. Where can I find the case law regarding people saying mean things online?

I'm pretty sure Brena is just another elaborate troll from The Tradiban.

Hamish Hamish · · Fredericksburg, VA · Joined May 2017 · Points: 15
Abram Herman wrote:

I don’t like your tone, you’ve been served.

Andrew Child · · Corvallis, Or · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 1,502

Slap chalk will always be my favorite

https://www.mountainproject.com/forum/topic/113666248/new-spin-on-chalk-bags

Hamish Hamish · · Fredericksburg, VA · Joined May 2017 · Points: 15

I miss the (now defunct) Kyle Fanfic Thread.  I thought it had great potential, not sure if it made hall of fame status but it could have.

Abram Herman · · Grand Junction, CO · Joined May 2009 · Points: 20
Tradiban wrote:

I'm pretty sure Brena is just another elaborate troll from The Tradiban.

If that were true then I'd say you have WAY too much free time on your hands, considering how long it must have taken to put together that wall of text.

Randy Von Zee · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 19,118
Brena Guerra wrote:

I had seen this awhile ago but didn’t feel the need to say anything until the recent comments on the “Just another guy” thread. 

messaged MP to delete my thread due to the idiot who looked me up and saw my public posts on my FB page about vaccines and decided to  use that against me, and then a bunch of other idiots started doing the exact same thing. Then my post was no longer about my original question. The idiots turned my post into a personal attack because I don’t vaccinate. And no matter how much I refused to engage in such topic because this forum is just not the place for that, but the idiots kept harassing me and mocking me. Not even in appropriate forums I was ever mocked the way I was here because I don’t vaccinate. If the idiots hadn’t turned my post into mocking me, harassing me over vaccines, I’d have not messaged MP to delete it. Then my original account was also deleted, then someone here emailed me telling me that someone made another thread exclusively just to mock me over my vaccine views. I have never seen that one. By the time I was back here, MP had already deleted that one on their own. I didn’t ask them to delete it. Unbelievable that someone would actually make another thread just to mock me over vaccines. Being so ridiculed over not vaccinating on a climbing website has been the most absurd thing ever. Not even the followers of Dr. Richard Pan were that disrespectful, much on the contrary. For those who don’t know who Dr. Richard Pan is, he is the senator who came up with the mandatory vaccination bill in California.

I went to his official FB page about 2 yrs ago and had a civil discussion with his followers on how wrong it was to mandate medical procedures, specially something that comes with inherent risks of serious injury and death, and for the most part, we had a civilized discussion. Only a lady privately messaged me insulting me. Another lady messaged me telling me I should be a layer lol
My argument was never whether people should vaccinate or not. My argument was solely about the inherent risks that come with vaccines and that every parent has the right to informed consent, which means to be fully aware of the risks so then they can make a conscious decision on which risks they are comfortable taking. My argument was about the government has no autonomy over our bodies or our children’s bodies and ultimately, the parents must decide that, NOT the government.
Interesting how on a page where about 10,000 people were for vaccines, most engaged in a civil discussion with me, while on a climbing website, people were mean, mocked me, made fun of me and even months later some idiots still bring that up. That must be because on FB everyone uses their real identity and everyone has pictures. While here most hide behind a screen name.

BTW, after the recent idiots who again have bullied me for my vaccine views, that made me wonder if I should just leave this site because that actually bothers me a lot, and if from time to time an idiot here is going to mock me over vaccines, I really don’t like that at all. But my whole life I have never lived my life in fear, and I’m planning to keep living that way.am acquainted with a lawyer, a very successful lawyer - I must say. I hadn’t talked to him for over a year, but I messaged him about what’s been going on on this site with me, and he told me if people here continue to harass me, I should screen shot everything, send to him and he will point out the direction I should go. But he also told me to message MP and make them aware of that, which I did. MP is fully aware that I have been harassed here over not vaccinating. BTW, when I first told him two years ago that I don’t vaccinate, he replied, “You are very smart for not vaccinating. I also hate vaccines”.I hope to never ever ever have to screen shot anything and send to him. I really would hate to have to do that. I should not be ridiculed, mocked, made fun of over not vaccinating, specially on a climbing web site. That has never happened to me before until that idiot decided to start doing that on here.Now if you guys want to keep making fun of me over my OP saying things like all I want is someone to carry all my gear up on Rainier, go ahead. You can make fun of that all you want. I could care less. But mocking me and ridiculing me over vaccines I am not going to put up with that. I have always stood up for myself, and I am going to keep doing that. Right now I have plenty of people who stand up for me, but up to my 21st birthday I had nobody to stand up for me at all. That has made me incredibly strong. I feel pretty invincible. There is only one human being on this planet who can break me. This person can literally snap a finger and crush me. The others, all they are doing, is to make me bulletproof.

Thanks for reading. 
Brena Guerra

You probably shouldn't promote antivax and call other people idiots in the same post.

Kyle Elliott · · Granite falls · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 1,718
Randy Von Zee wrote:

You probably shouldn't promote antivax and call other people idiots in the same post.

Watch out bro... She'll call that bullying and threaten to sue you. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Forum Hall of Fame!"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.