Mountain Project Logo

Too much Van not enough Life?

Gunkiemike · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 3,492
master gumby wrote:

Why didn't you buy a cabin in an area with climbing?

Is there such a place... in MINNESOTA?

Mark Pilate · · MN · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 25

GunkieMike- A few places....but the drive is very long and the people who can afford the places aren’t climbers!

My parents had a place that I could ski out the door and be climbing the best ice in MN in 20 mins.    Either direction.   Rock, was 20 minute drive....or really horrible ski in the summer.

Dankasaurus · · Lyons, CO · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 85
Buck Rio wrote:

And....thanks to the current idiot in office, we can't even deduct the interest for the mortgage.

I 100% sympathize with everything you've said, except for this.  Mortgage interest deduction is still intact, up to $750K...give me a break.

Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,610

Here we go with the tax nerds.   

Buck Rio · · MN · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 16
Dankasaurus wrote:

I 100% sympathize with everything you've said, except for this.  Mortgage interest deduction is still intact, up to $750K...give me a break.

Only on primary residence.

Brian 1 · · Oceanside · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 0
Tradiban wrote: I got this buddy, lets call him "Baster Humby". This fella bought a van to #vanlyfe but.now he just obsesses over the van and doesn't climb!

Wtf people, get yer priorities straight....on that note what's priority on yer van?!?!

You don't sound like a very good "buddy." 

Brian ~+~+~+ wrote:

You don't sound like a very good "buddy." 

A good buddy tells you when your girlfriend is a terrible bitch and you should dump her.

Big B · · Reno, NV · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 1
Tradiban wrote:

I saw it on IG.

FIFY too keep it modern.... old man ;)

Tradiban wrote:

A good buddy tells you when your girlfriend is a terrible bitch and you should dump her.

Sure, but "tells you" should maybe mean by speaking to that person one on one, not spraying your opinion on a public forum. That's just my shitty opinion of your shitty opinion.

bus driver · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 1,516
Buck Rio wrote:

Dude: this is the American Dream...to have so much shit that you have no freedom left.

My wife wanted a cabin, now I have two homes to take care of/spend money on.

The cabin is on a lake, so we had to get a boat, and a boat lift so it doesn't sit in the water all the time. And a dock to get out to the boat lift. And another mower to cut the grass, and tools, cuz I forget mine at the other house.

When i want to climb, my wife complains about me not going to the cabin...

Just shoot me now.

Meanwhile the boat mechanic and the guy who works at the bait and tackle shop can’t afford to buy a house nearby the lake because second home owners are jacking up the prices. 

master gumby · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 262

I am a deeply offended millennial snowflake.

M Mobley · · Bar Harbor, ME · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 911
bus driver wrote:

Meanwhile the boat mechanic and the guy who works at the bait and tackle shop can’t afford to buy a house nearby the lake because second home owners are jacking up the prices. 

Communism would fix this problem.

Brian ~+~+~+ wrote:

Sure, but "tells you" should maybe mean by speaking to that person one on one, not spraying your opinion on a public forum. That's just my shitty opinion of your shitty opinion.

Pressuring peers to peer pressure a peer is a very effective strategy when pressuring a sport climber.

Tradiban wrote:

Pressuring peers to peer pressure a peer is a very effective strategy when pressuring a sport climber.

Ok, hope it works out for you both. 

m Mobes wrote:

Communism would fix this problem.

Boats that don’t float for everyone!!  Lol

Let’s all waste money and be frustrated together 

Only safe place is on the water!   PM me if you’re interested in a boat

Buck Rio · · MN · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 16
Tradiban wrote:

I tried that once...he married her and then divorced her when she ran off with the neighbor and his Ford Gran Torino...

Well that millennial canceled on me again. His girlfriend said he can't go climbing until he puts the new carpet in. Sad.

John Clark · · Reno, NV · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 1,398
Tradiban wrote: Well that millennial canceled on me again. His girlfriend said he can't go climbing until he puts the new carpet in. Sad.

I thought millennials were all about removing their GF's carpet these days?

Fan Y · · Bishop · Joined Jun 2011 · Points: 878
Tradiban wrote:

Haha nice one! 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Too much Van not enough Life?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started