Mountain Project Logo

5.10 Quantums going for $59 at Adidas

Original Post
Tim Leong · · KL · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0
https://www.adidasoutdoor.com/five-ten-quantum-mens-climbing-shoe/FT36.html

Price alert via foot beta... We compare 2084 prices on 369 shoes from 33 retailers. Subscribe and we'll email you when prices change on your shoes!
Noah Yetter · · Lakewood, CO · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 105

Almost certainly means they are discontinued...

Ted Pinson · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 252

Or they’re rolling out new models.

David Miles · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2018 · Points: 201

Just picked up a pair....thanks for the link

Tim Leong · · KL · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

Synthetic Hiangles also on sale at Adidas at $69- Mens and Womens

Devin McCauley · · Colorado Springs, CO · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 210

Any recommendations on 5.10 shoes? if you like them? and what there use is?

Tanner Orland · · San Jose, CA · Joined Aug 2018 · Points: 0

Thanks for the share.  Just snagged some.  This will be my third pair in a row and I mainly keep them in the gym (boulder/lead/tr).  My street size in 9.5 and I climb an 8.  They are a little uncomfortable the first week or two, but once they loosen up a little, they fit like a sock.  I get a small amount of movement in my heel when im really hooking, but other then that, I love them!

You can never go wrong with the Anasazi Pinks in my opinion.  They're great for edging, slab, and sport/multi pitch climbing. I think I only down sized one size with the Pinks. 

Forthright · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2011 · Points: 110
Ted Pinson wrote: Or they’re rolling out new models.

Nah, they haven't showed anything to replace them at ISPO or OR in the last year.

Glad that Adidas is continuing the 5.10 tradition of killing off great models in less than 2 years after they come out.

Q C · · Indianapolis, IN · Joined Jan 2019 · Points: 1

Great shoe for anything with an incline. I personally think they are not the best for a low volume foot, though. 

Sam Thompson · · Tucson, AZ · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 60

Between the Super Sales on these, the Blanco's, and the Hi-Angles, I've bought three more pair of shoes than I've ever needed.  If 5.10 runs any more super sales I'm never going to be able to give my wife grief over her shoes ever again.

Kaner · · Eagle · Joined Jul 2006 · Points: 2,280

Are these Super Sales just how things will be going forward?  Or are they discontinuing shoes...or 5.10?

I liked old 5.10s, I like current adidas 5.10s.  I got a new pair of Verdon's for $65 about a month ago, my Hi-Angles are still good, but I wonder if I should load up.

Devin Rogers · · Temecula CA · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 20

Just snagged a pair. Thanks for the tip! 

Jared Chrysostom · · Clemson, SC · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 5

Sizing compared to Blancos?

abandon moderation · · Tahoe · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 54
Julian H wrote:

Those a Super Sales will piss off all the other places that sells the shoes. They are undercutting their own resellers, not a smart thing to do. Probablybackcountry paid more for a pair of quantum than 69 bucks. 

None of the shoes on super sale are sold by rei

FWIW, 5.10 did this much more before Adidas bought them. shopfiveten.com used to always have a 'closeouts' section that was usually well stocked. I went for years never spending more than $100 on shoes.

Alan Zhan · · Seattle, WA · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 156

they also used to have a physical location where shoes were consistently 50% or more off

RIP five ten outlet :(((((

Scott Andrews · · Provo, UT · Joined Nov 2018 · Points: 0

Are these the new models or old ones? I tried a friend’s size 8 on and they fit perfectly (given, he has worn them in). The one review for these is a guy complaining about sizing issues. 

Devin Rogers · · Temecula CA · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 20

If by new you mean the blue ones, then yes. These are not the old purple ones. If there is a newer blue one then I am unaware of it. I just picked up a pair and the sizing is exactly the same as my last pair of blue ones. Maybe this guy having issues is forgetting that they stretch and flatten out quite a bit. When my new pair arrived I definitely had a minute or two of doubt with the sizing but I went climbing once and they feel great again. 

Casey Collyer · · Tucson, AZ · Joined Jun 2019 · Points: 0
Scott Andrews wrote: Are these the new models or old ones? I tried a friend’s size 8 on and they fit perfectly (given, he has worn them in). The one review for these is a guy complaining about sizing issues. 

The website now displays a Quantum for $185 - the one currently on sale - and another Quantum for $170. I'm guessing Adidas/5.10 made some manufacturing updates or changes leading to a price change. The same thing happened with the Hiangles and the Quantum VCS.

If you check out the website, it shows multiple duplicate postings for various models. Curious if they're updating the manufacturing/making minor updates across the board.

The reviews for the "new" models, those models that are now cheaper than the originals ($150 Hiangle versus the $165 Hiangle, for example) have been pretty terrible. The sizing is apparently very different and the durability is pretty poor. I hope this isn't the trend that continues with 5.10 shoes; I love Stealth rubber, but I've had a pair of Anasazi Pros breakdown on me pretty quickly and I had to return a pair of Hiangles for warranty, because the sole split from the shoe after one month of moderate gym use.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "5.10 Quantums going for $59 at Adidas"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started