Mountain Project Logo

Bouldering in Utah (Looking for recommendations)

Original Post
Noah Chomsky · · Raleigh, NC · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 60

Hey all, was thinking about taking a trip up to Utah to do some bouldering... does anybody have any recommendations. I'm based in Phoenix, AZ for the next 6 weeks or so. I know Joe's is good but its kinda far (maybe July 4th weekend)... and moe's seems too hot rn. 

Dan Cooksey · · Pink Ford Thunderbird · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 365
Noah Chomsky wrote: Hey all, was thinking about taking a trip up to Utah to do some bouldering... does anybody have any recommendations. I'm based in Phoenix, AZ for the next 6 weeks or so. I know Joe's is good but its kinda far (maybe July 4th weekend)... and moe's seems too hot rn. 

The answer you seek is Moe’s in St. George.....but conditions will be less than ideal this time of year.

May I suggest a trip to Flagstaff to sample the unique rooftop bouldering of Priest Draw and surrounding areas. 
 The New Mexico high country is also very nice for bouldering this time of year. 
Best of luck. Have fun and be safe.
caesar.salad · · earth · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 75

Both Joe's and Moe's will be hot as balls. Joe's could be doable if you like to night climb but a lot of stuff faces the sun most of the day and the rocks stay HOT.

I think there is bouldering on the top of Mt Lemmon in Tucson, which would be in good season now.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Bouldering
Post a Reply to "Bouldering in Utah (Looking for recommendations)"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.