Mountain Project Logo

NC trad climbing partner

Original Post
Imran Anwar · · Durham, NC · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 0

Hey all,

I'm looking for a regular trad partner in NC. Just moved down from Boston to Durham a few weeks ago. I've been climbing for 3+ years outside now, initially mostly sport climbing (projecting 5.12s now) but getting more interested in trad, especially since moving here. Feeling comfortable climbing most 5.9s that I've been on in NC and pushing it currently with low 10s. I've got a double rack with some triples in smaller sizes. I'm comfortable lead belaying with both single and double ropes, setting up gear anchors, multi-pitch logistics and so on.

I'm interested in both climbing long classic moderates all around western NC (looking glass, linville gorge) as well as pushing it on harder single pitch trad climbs. Because of location, Moore's wall would be ideal but I don't mind driving to western NC or even the New. I'm also down to do some hard sport climbing at Pilot mountain.

Availability is a bit unpredictable since I'm currently a resident, I don't have much control over my schedule. I'm on vacation until June 24th so down to climb during that time. Afterwards, it will depend from week to week.

Cheers!

Adam Gallimore · · Greensboro · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 313

Im headed to stone depot on Friday (June 21). If you would like to join me, send me an email and we can talk details.

Jinny Y. · · North Carolina · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 0

Hey I'm a resident in Emergency Medicine at Duke (my last year, woohoo!) so I have an erratic schedule too. I'm just getting into trad (up to 5.9 depending on type of climb) and also like to boulder and sport when/if I have time off. I won't be able to go out before June 24 but send me a message or find me in the ED once the year starts.

Doug Emmett · · Richmond, Va · Joined Oct 2018 · Points: 0

Hi Imran, I work at Duke too. I have been looking for a partner to head to Moore's Wall for day trips, and to Western North Carolina for 2-3 day trips. I am leading roughly 10a on sport and 5.8 on trad, but willing to follow on the harder stuff.  I have a full rack and rope. I am comfortable with multi-pitch anchors, belaying, and setting gear.

It looks like we will have a dry weekend if you are interested in heading out somewhere. I am down to meet at triangle rock club in morrisville this week in the evening, that way we can lead climb a little bit before hitting the real rock.

Shoot me a text eight2eight-46seVen-4nine5Seven
- Doug 

Ian C · · MA · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 121

I'm also looking for trad partners in the triangle. I'll hit you guys up at the end of July.

Travis Senor · · Cary, NC · Joined Feb 2013 · Points: 60

Hey all,  
   I'm also looking for trad partners in NC. I'm in Cary/Morrisville, so day trips to Moore's are good and I can manage the occasional weekend trip out. Lately my schedule is also erratic (EMT class until the end of July), but happy to get out when able. I have a full double rack, rope, not leading very hard (due to time off), but can follow just fine).

Ethan G · · Charlotte, NC · Joined Feb 2018 · Points: 0

Just saw this thread. Also, looking to get with some people for moderate trad multipitch and some sport. I have ever other mon/tu/sat/sun available to try and get outside. Full rack, half ropes and some multipitch experience. Currently leading trad at 5.9 level. Will follow into 10s if you want a belay. 

Doug Emmett · · Richmond, Va · Joined Oct 2018 · Points: 0
Travis Senor wrote: Hey all,  
   I'm also looking for trad partners in NC. I'm in Cary/Morrisville, so day trips to Moore's are good and I can manage the occasional weekend trip out. Lately my schedule is also erratic (EMT class until the end of July), but happy to get out when able. I have a full double rack, rope, not leading very hard (due to time off), but can follow just fine).

Do you want to go to Moores wall tomorrow (6/23)? The weather looks good

Matthew Wille · · North Carolina · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 0
Doug Emmett wrote:

Do you want to go to Moores wall tomorrow (6/23)? The weather looks good

Dudes, I’m headed to Pilot/Moore’s for the weekend. If anyone’s available! My number: 785-236-zero7three7

Nicholas L · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Apr 2013 · Points: 190

I’m in Chapel Hill and I’m looking for a partner for Moore’s tomorrow as well. Trad or bouldering. Message me through MP. 

James Warnick · · Asheville, NC · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 0

If you find yourself out in Western NC, shoot me a message. I’m looking to get out to looking glass next Thursday 4 July and maybe that weekend too. I work about 30 mins from the trailhead so I can also do some afternoons too if you’re down.
Four23-five25-six156
Cheers! 

Adam Gallimore · · Greensboro · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 313

Hay James, I just sent you a text message about details for July 4th!

Riley Biro · · Moresville nc · Joined Jul 2018 · Points: 0

Is anyone up for crowders on Wednesday 7/16

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

South Eastern States Partners
Post a Reply to "NC trad climbing partner"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started