Mountain Project Logo

Help! Need photo of aid climbers at short wall in Joshua tree! You know the one!

Justin S · · Plattsburgh, NY · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 120
Fanny Pack wrote: Some people don’t know how to pick up sarcasm and jokes. 
And yet they are still on MP hahahhaha
Jeffrey Constine · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined May 2009 · Points: 674
caughtinside wrote: You guys laugh, but have you ever led Right V crack? Aka the widow maker of Indian Cove?

Soloed it.
FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 276

Self-promotion and ego.

Harumpfster Boondoggle · · Between yesterday and today. · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 148
Marc H wrote: 

It’s nice to see Tradiban and Harumpfster Boondoggle getting out and enjoying some desert rock together.

Hey man, leading El Cap is the least I can for Nick. He doesn't get out much. Good thing he's using a Mega Jul them ATCs just ain't safe!
Harumpfster Boondoggle · · Between yesterday and today. · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 148
Justin. S wrote: I really don’t appreciate photos of me and my friend being plastered all over this forum. You all started climbing at some point and had to learn somewhere.

Shush that's me and Tradi. Dont steal mah glory!

#proudsend
Fanny Pack wrote:

I guess ole Bill finally caught on and deleted his post. 

He’ll live in infamy from your name drop

Frank Stein · · Albuquerque, NM · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 205
FrankPS wrote:

Ross knows his history. If he says it's Royal Robbins - it's Royal Robbins.

Baskin Robbins?

Jeffrey Constine · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined May 2009 · Points: 674

Frank -0/10 Sorry you got shut down on it

David Bruneau · · St. John · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 2,520

This sort of belay works great if you don't fall:

https://www.mountainproject.com/photo/108333802

Guy Keesee · · Moorpark, CA · Joined Mar 2008 · Points: 349

That is an old photo..... I believe it was featured on the cover of “Hot Belayer” a now defunct climbing mag from the 90’s. My mind is fuzzy but I recall it was vol 2 #7...... some good stuff in that one. Controversial topics included: Grigri- a no hands device? ..... And: the soft catch- reality or myth? And a complete review of special Belayer Helmets. And an interesting interview with Dean Caldwell..... titled “31 daze on the Wall o Early Morning Light, my perspective”

Guy Keesee wrote: That is an old photo..... I believe it was featured on the cover of “Hot Belayer” a now defunct climbing mag from the 90’s. My mind is fuzzy but I recall it was vol 2 #7...... some good stuff in that one. Controversial topics included: Grigri- a no hands device? ..... And: the soft catch- reality or myth? And a complete review of special Belayer Helmets. And an interesting interview with Dean Caldwell..... titled “31 daze on the Wall o Early Morning Light, my perspective”

That’s a spot on fuzzy memory!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern California
Post a Reply to "Help! Need photo of aid climbers at short wall…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started