Mountain Project Logo

Tips for free soloing "safely".

Used 2climb · · Far North · Joined Mar 2013 · Points: 0
master gumby wrote:
Andrew Reed · · CaƱon City, CO · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 56
Tradiban wrote: You either have the spirit or you dont...If you do, you rock. If you don't....you're a sport climber.

-Leonard Coyne
Shtom Randall · · Moms womb · Joined Feb 2019 · Points: 0

Climbing News Daily: “Man wins internet argument. Celebrates by giving himself a High Five”

M Mobley · · Bar Harbor, ME · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 911
Mark Pilate wrote:

Perhaps....or maybe the chickenshits that could climb quicker and higher out of the way of danger lived to reproduce...the brave dude who stayed back to fight the sabre toothed tiger to give others time, probably didn’t spread much of his genes...except all over the grass and rocks 

Either way, it’s ultimately the fault of women. Maybe they can tell us  ;)
Are we descendents of the brave dudes or the chickenshits?

U rite well Mr Pilates

x15x15 · · Use Ignore Button · Joined Mar 2009 · Points: 275
 Best tip I can offer is to bring a nut tool. Especially on Monday and Tuesday romps. Amazing how much quicker removing booty can be with the tool for the job...

And too think, this was all I thought I had to throw at this unique construct that tardiban began...

Hook is removed and I leave laughing, robustly...
Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,610

To keep it safe always free solo with a buddy.

NegativeK · · Nevada · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 40
Kyle Edmondson wrote: Not quite sure why you are celebrating. You "won" by being a big enough asshole to get a response.  I suppose, congratulations.  I just legitimately don't understand the point.  I mean, sometimes you are clever or funny, but generally behaving like an insensitive prick enough that people notice doesn't seem like a worthy goal.  And I'm sure you will see this post as more evidence of your triumph so again, congratulations from one more reader, you have successfully become an asshole.

There's something I've learned about people who shit in communities: They won't change.

Tradiban's (and many other trolls here) been doing this a long time. He either thinks he's fighting some righteous war or doesn't give a fuck about dragging this place through the mud -- either way, he's going to keep doing it. He's not going to change for you,f or me, or for people he respects that I've seen call him out. Hate lists won't fix trolls, because other people will still respond to them and wreck threads. The worst part is that telling you to not feed the trolls won't fix the problem, because you can't communicate it to everyone that will come through here.

The only solution is for moderators to do something. Unfortunately, it's hard to see the sum of a person's impact when faced with a series of small annoyances.

Pretty sure we're fucked, and our only solace is that none of this will matter when we're no more.
M Mobley · · Bar Harbor, ME · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 911
NegativeK wrote:

There's something I've learned about people who shit in communities: They won't change.

Tradiban's (and many other trolls here) been doing this a long time. He either thinks he's fighting some righteous war or doesn't give a fuck about dragging this place through the mud -- either way, he's going to keep doing it. He's not going to change for you,f or me, or for people he respects that I've seen call him out. Hate lists won't fix trolls, because other people will still respond to them and wreck threads. The worst part is that telling you to not feed the trolls won't fix the problem, because you can't communicate it to everyone that will come through here.

The only solution is for moderators to do something. Unfortunately, it's hard to see the sum of a person's impact when faced with a series of small annoyances.

Pretty sure we're fucked, and our only solace is that none of this will matter when we're no more.

TLDR it all but way to sum it all up for us in your opinion. Me thinks you take climbing forums very seriously.

Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,610
NegativeK wrote:

Excuse me. This comment is off topic and you are wreaking this thread. Please keep your trolling to yourself.

Mtn Ape XL · · Utah · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 131

If you could solo any trad, sport, ice, mixed or alpine route in the world but could never tell anyone about it, publish videos/fotos or have someone who observed you doing it spary for you, would you still do it?

Mark Pilate · · MN · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 25
Mtn Ape XL wrote: If you could solo any trad, sport, ice, mixed or alpine route in the world but could never tell anyone about it, publish videos/fotos or have someone who observed you doing it spary for you, would you still do it?

I was gonna say Yes, cuz that’s exactly what I’ve done, but now the cat’s out of the bag, so I guess I have to say no.   

Trick Question 
Tim Lutz · · Colo-Rado Springs · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 5
NegativeK · · Nevada · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 40
Tradiban wrote:

Excuse me. This comment is off topic and you are wreaking this thread. Please keep your trolling to yourself.

Sry. Hug?

Old lady H · · Boise, ID · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 1,374
Tradiban wrote: You either have the spirit or you dont...If you do, you rock. If you don't....you're a sport climber.

-Tradiban

Or you have the spirit plus 180 year old knees that are totally untrustworthy. Be careful sir. Some old school badass with really bad karma got stuck in an old lady body....

Best, Helen
Old lady H · · Boise, ID · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 1,374
Tim Lutz wrote: https://gripped.com/news/quebec-climber-18-critically-injured-from-free-solo-fall/

Oh shit. I only just saw this. I have to say, though, as a mom? You also hope your kid has plenty of luck to get through this stretch of time when risks are everywhere, it seems, yet, you don't want to stifle them stretching their wings, either. 

My sympathies to all involved. Helen
Will Brunner · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2019 · Points: 0

get life insurance

Mtn Ape XL · · Utah · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 131
Will Brunner wrote: get life insurance

At the very least a $1,000,000.00 term policy

George Foster · · Durango, CO · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 12

Tradiban stole that quote from Leonard Coyne.  Lame.

Big B · · Reno, NV · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 1

-Tradiban

credit where credits due?....coyne

edit: George^ beat me to it
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Tips for free soloing "safely"."

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started