Mountain Project Logo

2-3 climbers new to trad looking for some experienced trad climbers to show us the ropes at RRG.

Original Post
Alexander Van Atta · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2019 · Points: 0

My climbing partner and I are looking for some experienced climbers to help show us the ropes at the RRG. We have tried a few G rated 5.3-5.6 routes and I think are pretty safe but it's hard to know until you take a fall.  We are planing on heading down every couple of weekends and are driving from Dayton, Ohio. If anyone wants to help keep some Noobies from dying let me know.

Matt Parsell · · Ann Arbor, MI · Joined Feb 2018 · Points: 0

have your own rack?  still working on getting myself some cams.  i am NOT a heavily experienced trad climber  but iv had two fantastic and 100% safe long weekends down there with equally new friends from my gym. got into the 7's and 8's. wouldnt mind adding to the gang of new trad peoples and showing you what adventures i have found.   lets chat! 
headed down on the 20th for the week before memorial weekend crowds roll in.

Alexander Van Atta · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2019 · Points: 0

Yeah me and my partner have a good amount of gear. We are going to be down there starting the 24thl but were going to have a bunch or less experienced and non climbers with us so we will probably stick to sport climbing this trip. I will PM you my number and would definitely be interested in doing some more trad down there.

Marco Velo · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0
Matt Parsell wrote: have your own rack?  still working on getting myself some cams.  i am NOT a heavily experienced trad climber  but iv had two fantastic and 100% safe long weekends down there with equally new friends from my gym. got into the 7's and 8's. wouldnt mind adding to the gang of new trad peoples and showing you what adventures i have found.   lets chat! 
headed down on the 20th for the week before memorial weekend crowds roll in.

Hi Matt,

I am looking for a partner and would be interested in some moderate trad. I PMed you. Shoot me an email if you are interested.
-marco
pat a · · ann arbor, mi · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 0

Feel free to PM me as well.  We're down with our kids about every other weekend through the end of fall and I'm always happy to have someone else along to help carry my rack.  

We'll be there over memorial day weekend, probably mostly climbing trad if it's busy.  

Don't climb that hard, but we can definitely help you not die.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Midwest Partners
Post a Reply to "2-3 climbers new to trad looking for some exper…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started