Mountain Project Logo

Great Online Deals of 2019

Cole Darby · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 166
https://www.kailasgear.com/nuco-cam_p2220.html

Looks like Nuco Basics are back in stock at Kailas?
Sam Cieply · · Venice, CA · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 25
Cole D wrote: https://www.kailasgear.com/nuco-cam_p2220.html

$92 cams that ship from China are not a great deal.

F Loyd · · Kennewick, WA · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 808
Sam Cieply wrote:

$92 cams that ship from China are not a great deal.

Someone needs to look at the 2018 deals thread

Andrew Rice · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 11

Both REI and Moosejaw have the Garmin Inreach Mini and Inreach Explorer+ for $50 off. Normally I wouldn't consider that a great online deal but these things never seem to go on sale. Seems like ActiveJunky is excluded on Garmin at MJ but you do get MJ bucks for the purchase. REI doesn't give dividend on sale items.

(Edited to add that MJ seems to have still given me ActiveJunky credit for the purchase.)

Christian Hesch · · Morro Bay · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 55
Sam Cieply wrote:

Then be a mensch and repost Noah Bratschi's deal code. I've already got it and still wouldn't qualify this as a screamin' deal.

$46/cam with free shipping (if ya buy at least 5-6 cams)? Can someone tell me where I can get a better deal?

Andrew Rice · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 11
Christian Hesch wrote:

$46/cam with free shipping (if ya buy at least 5-6 cams)? Can someone tell me where I can get a better deal?

It's a good deal but the one time I ordered from Kailas China they lost my package (tracking showed it stuck in the port of Los Angeles) for two months. 

Sam Cieply · · Venice, CA · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 25

Christian Hesch wrote:

Fair enough. Here's the code again for anyone who missed it last time:

Katelyn Fallentine · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2018 · Points: 0

BD Mondo Crash Pad $244.97 (30% off) and free shipping at Al's Sporting Goods if you use the codes SPRING20 and EXTRA10

https://www.als.com/Black-Diamond-Mondo-Crash-Pad/bdequi-crash_pad_mondo/Product

F Loyd · · Kennewick, WA · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 808
Señor Arroz wrote:

It's a good deal but the one time I ordered from Kailas China they lost my package (tracking showed it stuck in the port of Los Angeles) for two months. 

Damn, sucks. I got everything I ordered, alot faster than I thought it would take too. 

mike h · · Front Range, CO · Joined Jun 2010 · Points: 24
Cole D wrote: https://www.kailasgear.com/nuco-cam_p2220.html

Appealing, but what's going on with the size selection on their site? The specs table shows the normal (non-hybrid) sizes as 1.3, 1.6, 2.0, and 2.4. But the choices for adding to cart are 1.65, 1.9, 2.0, 2.4??

Caleb Schwarz · · Colorado Springs, CO · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 120
mike h wrote:

Appealing, but what's going on with the size selection on their site? The specs table shows the normal (non-hybrid) sizes as 1.3, 1.6, 2.0, and 2.4. But the choices for adding to cart are 1.65, 1.9, 2.0, 2.4??

I was noticing the same thing. Very confusing

Timothy Prime · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 0

Backcountry.com has a 20% off one full price item coupon running and Totem cams are in stock. It doesn't apply in cart, but if you ask a gearhead, they'll put it in on the totems.... 

Scored a black totem for $66.36

A Johnson · · Atascadero · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 1,431

You must have the magic touch. I was denied the reduced price. Gearhead said it doesn't apply to climbing gear.

Davis Badger · · San Luis Obispo · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 528

Don't wanna bring up Alpenglow again, but if you didn't make an account for their rewards program, you should. You get 50 points ($5) for making an account another 50 points on your birthday, 1 point for every 1$ you spend (or spent), and a bunch for liking/following their social media. Just carrying over from my purchase back a few weeks ago and a convenient birthday I was easily able to get 250 points (25$) and pick up a couple racking biners and slings for the price of shipping

Sdm1568 · · Ca · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 80
Davis Badger wrote: Don't wanna bring up Alpenglow again, but if you didn't make an account for their rewards program, you should. You get 50 points ($5) for making an account another 50 points on your birthday, 1 point for every 1$ you spend (or spent), and a bunch for liking/following their social media. Just carrying over from my purchase back a few weeks ago and a convenient birthday I was easily able to get 250 points (25$) and pick up a couple racking biners and slings for the price of shipping
What is Alpenglow?
H Lue · · Leavenworth, WA · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 10
Timothy Prime wrote: Backcountry.com has a 20% off one full price item coupon running and Totem cams are in stock. It doesn't apply in cart, but if you ask a gearhead, they'll put it in on the totems.... 

Scored a black totem for $66.36

Lucky. Gearheads told me no. 

Drew Nevius · · Broken Arrow, OK · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 2,546
Sdm1568 wrote: What is Alpenglow?

Haha, someone just got to this thread.

Look a few pages back Sdm and you’ll see there was a 50% online code that pretty much emptied their store

Sdm1568 · · Ca · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 80
Drew Nevius wrote:

Haha, someone just got to this thread.

Look a few pages back Sdm and you’ll see there was a 50% online code that pretty much emptied their store

Haha Trolled ; ) 

I’m well aware, smoking deal for those who cashed in. 
Jared Chrysostom · · Clemson, SC · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 5
Blake Bolton · · Boise · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 0
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "Great Online Deals of 2019"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started