Mountain Project Logo

Sprinter has competition?!?

Jimmy Downhillinthesnow · · Fort Collins, CO / Seattle, WA · Joined Mar 2013 · Points: 10

As someone who has owned both a new Ford and a new-ish German car in the last 8 years, the Teutonic car is much nicer in every way but waaaaaay less reliable and more expensive to fix. German cars from all 3 major automakers have had well-known reliability issues over the past 10-15 years. American cars have actually gotten better as far as reliability goes.

Thom Feuleri · · SF · Joined May 2019 · Points: 0
Big B wrote: Ford is releasing awd... adventure-journal.com/2019/…

It looks like junk. Trust ford engineering over mercedes engineering? I don't think so. Until Tesla releases a 4x4 van (come on Elon!) I'm holding onto my 4x4 sprinter dirtbagmobile, stealing girlfriends and causing fits of jealousy wherever I climb.

M Mobley · · Bar Harbor, ME · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 911

Dirtbagmobile or yuppie rv, just semantics

Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,610
Thom Feuleri wrote:

It looks like junk. Trust ford engineering over mercedes engineering? I don't think so. Until Tesla releases a 4x4 van (come on Elon!) I'm holding onto my 4x4 sprinter dirtbagmobile, stealing girlfriends and causing fits of jealousy wherever I climb.

I'm sure there's plenty of "girls" interested in your van, however the "women" are turning away.

Tim Lutz · · Colo-Rado Springs · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 5
Tradiban wrote:

I'm sure there's plenty of "girls" interested in your van, however the "women" are turning away.

Wow. The Tradinator knows what the women's deepest desires!

Spoiler alert: Sanni wants a big ass fridge
Big B · · Reno, NV · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 1
Thom Feuleri wrote:

good luck with the cost of repairs on your Mercedes ...oh and don't forget about all the rust issues.... 

Go Back to Super Topo · · Lex · Joined Dec 2010 · Points: 285
Thom Feuleri wrote:

Cute, you think we have girlfriends. 

Frank Stein · · Albuquerque, NM · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 205

I don't think that the Ford comes with 4 Low. Apples to oranges. 

Go Back to Super Topo · · Lex · Joined Dec 2010 · Points: 285
the schmuck wrote: I don't think that the Ford comes with 4 Low. Apples to oranges. 

Good point. AWD and 4WD are different, so I think you’re right on this. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "Sprinter has competition?!?"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.